3 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Reverb G1 Cable Longevity

HP Recommended
Reverb G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all

Just wanted to gain some HP opinion on a frustrating situation regarding my Reverb G1.  I bought in March 2020 and I am happy with this product, when it's not malfunctioning!

Since March 2020 i've had two HMD replacement units and two new cables (three separate case numbers).  Every failure has been linked with either the cable or cable connector.  I use the headset sitting down with a pulley system, so its not even being yanked all over the room.  After my last replacement i secured the connector to the headset and created a splint for the first 20cm of cable to reduce strain adjacent to the weak area.   In spite of this, I suffered the familiar screen 'blackout' and WMR Error code 1-4 associated with a cable failure.

I currently have a new case number with support who have offered another replacement cable.  However, considering my recent cable lasted only 5 months and the previous 7, i fear a new one will fail again in 6-7 months leaving me outside warranty and essentially bricking my G1.   The support guy said this is a unique malfunction to me, but having read countless complains online describing the same issue, this is obviously an inherent manufacturing defect with this model.  

Can any HP peeps out there advise?  If HP simply buy back my headset based on 5 months of remaining warranty, I have to pay for return shipping which will probably leave me with a few quid to buy an alternative.  

Many thanks.

1 REPLY 1
praveenbv
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,087 6,085 266 339
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI@Dezza, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Reverb G2 to support the notebook needs to be checked by taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation