Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Heard that If you have an AMD system, HP will replace your cable with a new one that works for free?

Just wondering if anyone can point me where to go to get help with this. Have video but no sound. Tried a usb hub but the unit then stutters every 30 seconds or so. Have been forced to use separate headphones to get sound.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I had a no sound issue with my G2 and, although I also have an AMD chipset (B550), it wasn't the chipset that turned out to be the problem - the headset itself was faulty. Obviously I don't know what's causing your problem, and my first reaction was to ask for the improved cable but that didn't solve my issue.

I think it's clear that the G2 demands a strong/stable USB signal and that a lot of people have seen error messages when plugging in to motherboard USB sockets that, for whatever reason, can't output a good enough signal. On my MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus I got errors using the blue USB 3.0 sockets but the G2 was happy with a red 3.2 (lucky I had one!). My Oculus rift was happy with the 5 port USB 3.0 PCI-E card I added especially for it several years ago, but the G2 wouldn't accept it. I'm thinking these USB errors are the source of the stories about AMD chipsets being to blame.

The new 6m cable has a bigger junction box, and power switch, that's supposed to contain the electronics of a powered USB hub - and that provides a stable USB signal that solves those error codes.

For me, the key was to persist with telephone support in my country. On the 3rd call we decided to try a replacement headset and that has fixed it.

If you want to see if you're having the same symptoms I was then check out my post on this site (fair warning: it has a lot of technical wording because I tried a lot of stuff!)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.