Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I’ve had the G2 for a month and it died, tried it on 2 computers.....no power. In order to contact HP support, you have to type in your serial number and product number.....it will not accept either. I’ve triple checked both the headset lable and shipping box label, I’m 100% sure I’m typing it in correctly. How can I contact support? Anyone have a phone number?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi @dmt6447

Welcome to the HP Support Community.  

As this is a hardware issue, I'd suggest you Contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer. HP chat support Team 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

HP Recommended

Praveenpb HOW can it be out of warranty???? they haven't been release long enough yet

HP Recommended

My Reverb is 3 weeks old so it's in warranty. I ended up googling support, found a number for pc support and they transferred me to the proper department. Even support could not find my serial number in the system!!! For some reason, HP sold me a unit with an unregistered serial number. He did set me up for warranty repair but warned me that HP may make me pay for warranty repairs because the serial number isn't registered!!! And I bought the unit at HP.com!!! I hope it doesn't come to something that stupid but I do have receipt and the original shipping box with the shipping date AND the serial number.

HP Recommended

The serial number is attached on the inside of the headset, where your cheek would be. You need to remove the magnetic face insert. It is very small writing - I had to really squint to read it. It's not really a label - it is etched right into the plastic. I don't think it would be possible for it to fall off, and can't imagine HP shipping an unlabeled unit. I never registered my unit and the serial is still valid and accepted. Make sure you are not trying to enter the number that is on the label attached to the cable - that is a separate serial and would not be accepted as a Reverb G2.

HP Recommended

The serial number I tried to enter is the headset one, not the cable. The serial number is also on the shipping box which I kept. The tech support guy was puzzled why he couldn't verify the warranty too. I'll find out soon....I sent it back by FedEx yesterday. I'll update this thread once all of this is done.

HP Recommended

Ok, I also had to return my headset. Been at the Grapevine, TX facility almost a month now. No replacement headsets in inventory. I was originally told April 5 was the in stock date. Called yesterday and was told they don't know a date. It's frustrating to say the least!

HP Recommended

Hi@dmt6447

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

HP Recommended

I have the same issue with my serial beeing unknown. How can I get my unit registered? (It's functioning, though. Just register.)

HP Recommended

@HastyD,

Please find the document  link register the product 

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the warranty options for your computer and accessories. HP chat support Team 

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.   

Have a great day!  

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping! 

Post Edited

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.