Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  I tried plugging in at the headset - USB end attached to A's, C's, etc.  Still the same error.  The results seem par for the course when dealing with the G2; sometimes it works for 1 person and then for another - nothing will work.  But the fact we have to go through such manipulations to get a headset to function is absolutely crazy.  I am curious how many G2 users were able to get the headset playing directly out of the box with out some combination of plugging, unplugging, loading, unloading, or having to use a completely separate component such as a powered hub.  

At this point, I am leaning towards HP as being the culprit in this potential con-game.  Yes, MS is absolutely horrible to work with - but Oculus, HTC, Steam, etc.  all seem to have navigated its issues without having anywhere near the problems the G2 has. 

Did HP rush the G2 to take advantage of the mid-to-tail end of the pandemic sales surge?  I doubt that HP would need the G2 sales given its established office equipment footprint.  Perhaps it was a sales executive who thought G2 sales would be the step up to division manager?  Ok, ok...I am rambling - but I find it very difficult to believe that HP was not aware of the G2 problems prior to release - and if it was aware of the problems, then why release it?

Diamond482 - my advice is to keep the build - the computer works great and even gives me 65-90 FPS in DCS VR with almost all the eye candy turned high - and as you may know,  DCS is not exactly optimized for VR 🙂   I don't overclock at all so those numbers could be expected to be on the lowside for a tweaker.  Also, the HTC Vive works flawlessly with no complaints.  

Have a great New Year and stay safe folks;

LJ

HP Recommended

I have the same issue.

HP Recommended

I have the exact same problem. It worked like 5 mins first time plugged in. Made an update and system restarted. Goodbye reverb g2. It then stopped working in whatever combo i tried, powered usb hub, pcie extension card etc. I also tried different pc's. no luck. here is one of my usb tree picture. this one is from my laptop. it is same with my desktop.

Screenshot 2021-01-01 132051.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone

I just wanted you all to know I'm giving up on this head set and HP can have their 700 dollar boomerang.  I am not getting stuck with another HP Headset which will not work. 

If they fix the issues I would be happy to re-buy it. I was only wanting it for DCS anyway like I'm sure you all were the same way. Pretty pathetic that we all pay so much to play the simulator. lol

Good luck 

HP Recommended

(My headset worked for 20 minutes then nothing - short history prior to my admittedly long post). As an update to my original post, I purchased a 7 port Orico Powered USB hub (as recommended by another forum subscriber participant [thanks it was worth a try!] because the HP one HP says they can send me maybe by March is not available anywhere - even then they admitted to me is simply a workaround). Device manager FINALLY now recognizes both the "HoloLens Sensor" AND the headset itself  (when using the USB-C to USB 3.0 adapter that comes with the headset now plugged in to the powered usb 3.0 and by extension my MB USB 3.0) ALTHOUGH I cannot positively ID it in USB Device Viewer (a separate MS download -I can see it named in Device Manager BTW). It says, "String Descriptor for index 2 not available while device is in low power state." This has been a continual power problem (via USB-C AND 3.0 apparently) and even now that Device Manager recognizes the device it won't fire up. Is it fried? What do I need, a nuclear power plant in my basement? I have a power supply that probably costs me $200 a month (a frustrated exaggeration of course). I saw one poster mention Class Action and unless HP/MS does something it is absolutely the natural direction this is headed. This is, of course, not a personal threat as I'm not a billionaire (working on it) but good advice for them to listen to IMHO. I will be trying to return my Reverb G2 to Connections (affiliated with HP) tomorrow but based on what I am reading they may give me the runaround. If they do, all HP will guarantee me is a used, refurbed headset, not new like I paid for, and no reset on my warranty. And that is a headset maybe delivered by March. Maybe. "Clock is ticking on warranty so go away, leave us alone, and take it up with Connections as they'll reset your warranty and give you a new one because we can't even get you the workaround HP hub until March," is the clear and expertly delivered message. This is the kind of tech issue corporations screw people with and is incredibly bad PR for them. People who are LONG time gamers (Apple IIe anyone? Ever have to type "brun" to start a game? 😉 People who now have a bit of disposable income and would love to put their hard earned $$ towards keeping companies accountable. You have great lawyers HP, I'm sure, but they can't fix these ridiculous (and amazing when they worked for 20 minutes) headsets for you. And everyone with half a brain is documenting their communications in detail. Please show some responsibility and do the right thing. Maybe start with an honest press release or real update not delivered through your poor tech assistance guys and gals who are on the receiving end. Feel free to contact me at my email. Shoot, I'll even give you my phone number if someone real reaches out to me. Enough already. Take some profits and put towards corporate responsibility. It will be a boon to you in the end. 

HP Recommended

After trying every possible fix for my 4-1 issue with the G2, including buying 2 different powered USB PCIe cards, i checked the USB-C connector which seems to be the cause for all the trouble. Through my microscope I could see 2 faulty pins inside the USB-C connector part of the 6m cable.

Also the pins are not evenly distributed on both sides inside the connector. This means IMO that you can´t use the USB-C both ways inside the USB-C to A adaptor. To me this is simply bad manufacturing from HP. My unit will get RMAd soon and I will not buy another G2.

HP Recommended

Have exactly the same issues here on Asus Tuf Z370 gaming plus 2, I7 9700k, RTX2080

Product worked for the first night of a fashion, second night all i get is 4-1, 4-4, 7-15 ( 7-15 if i use third party drivers for PCIe card).  Dead since then, can hear headphones working, but screens to not come on at all.

This was 3 weeks ago now, in the interim i have spent £120 on 3 different PCIe hubs and 2 USB 3 plug in hubs.  Nothing works all i get is that the headset cannot connect.  In desperation i even tried the VR link with the EVGA RTX card and nothing there either.

On digging further i note that a Port connection is made for a Cypress CY4603 which is for the headphones i believe however the superspeed hub on a separate port is not created.  All i even get is device in compliance mode in device manager for an Unknown USB device.  Headset shows up under WMR as a G2 however in the detail tab it tells me its working fine to then contradict this statement by saying e link is in compliance mode.  Basically whatever i do i cannot get the headset to create the Cypress superspeed 3.1 hub i see on systems that have made a correct connection.

Numerous calls to HP support as you can imagine to be told i will get some feedback in the next 24 hours and NEVER do.  5 emails sent over 2 weeks  to get a response saying replacement headset will be March.  No name so this might even be an automated email !

Also i note on this thread nothing from HP - but then again no shock there.

The whole launch is an absolute disgrace, especially here in the UK because HP started selling the headset on the UK store prior to pre order customers receiving their units.  Why were they not given to System Active (UK sole pre order partner)  for replacement units and held back for RMA replacements.

This whole product is a joke with clearly poor R&D (even on the most basics i mean how did that cable clip get passed for release, simple aspect yet important for long term care of the cable, did you not learn with the G1 issues), sub standard and completely unacceptable customer service.  

Where is the statement from HP - infact where is anything from HP?  A VP or Director should be across this as clearly the product manager is lacking.

Enough is enough and this is meant to be in collaboration with Microsoft.  I will following this be looking at removing HP from any business contracts that are up for renewal in my day job and removing them from any tender processes.  Its that bad.

HP Recommended

Why is replies being deleted in this thread?

HP Recommended

Because due to lack of refunds people started to be vocal about class action suits and hp has realized that the problem cannot be simply solved with a firmware/driver update. Maybe?

HP Recommended

Wow! HP made the reply above my previous comment appear again after I pointed out it was deleted. Here is a screenshot I made when I tried to click the comment link in the mail: https://imgur.com/a/sSxg18R

The comment didn't appear by clicking the link, or going into this thread. 

This is absolutely shocking!

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.