Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

This mess all started when the G2 was still in the returnable period. I thought about it, but there was a delay in getting the original order filled, and I did not want to start over. I also did not want to pay more for an Index. I stuck it out, painful as it was. So far so good - I am flying in VR every day and loving it!

HP Recommended

Glad to hear things are working for you.  The headset is awesome when everything is clicking.  It just sucks that the support is so poor.

HP Recommended

So the good news is my THIRD Reverb G2 has held out for a month now. It does give me an occasional 1-4 or 7-14 scarey message every so often but replugging/restarting the thing and/or my PC cures these instances. It's like a a chronic illness; you learn to live with the discomforts but you are hanging on to the joys of life.

There is however a tipping point where the discomforts outweigh the pleasures. The HP Reverb G2 is a product thats is crying out to be relieved of it's misery. And rightly so. It holds its ground if you are prepared to stay inside of the confines of the WMR-home (a very lackluster VR-environment to be in, btw). Venture beyond that (Steam for instance) and/or try something with better controllers (Index knuckles for example) and you will be treated to a galore of problems. Ranging from nearly unsolvable tracking issues to blue screens for games that are easy potatoes for my GPU but seem to upset this lifeless HMD.

All in all, a very bad mistake to buy this headset. I'll check the next headset which offers good resolution. HTC Vive Pro 2 might be the one. At least HTC has proven it can handle VR, something HP clearly has no interest of really getting into.

HP Recommended

Hi PM62;

Unlike you, I threw in the towel on the 2nd G2 (cable).  I applaud your tenacity!  Right now the G2 is sitting in my closet.  I do have the Vive Pro 2 on pre-order.  I agree that HP seemed to dip a toe into the VR pool and then never went any further.  After the incomplete product it put out, I will definitely not be taking any more chances on its headsets.

Stay well!

LJ41

HP Recommended

I completely agree and understand what @PM62 and @LJ41 are saying. After the faulty equipment debacle, so far I have been happy, and I think it's mostly because I tend to use the headset for only Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. I built my entire system around that game because I knew it had some pretty strict hardware requirements.

I've been satisfied flying my aircraft with the headset - the sharpness is important in reading the cockpit instruments. I have also played Beat Saber and have no big complaints there. The headset cord is annoying, no doubt about that.

I'll probably get a different headset eventually but I am going to try and ride this horse a bit longer.

HP Recommended

Hey - at least one of us has it going!  I almost exclusively fly DCS via Steam so that may be part of the problem.  Keep riding that horse Dingo Man - mine bucked me off and stomped me into the ground.... LOL

Take care;

LJ41

HP Recommended

Hi LJ41 and Dingo_Man,

Thanks for the support. Wrote my last comment after another frustrating 2,5 hour session with this device, will be shelving it and reinstall my Vive Pro to have fun again in VR. 

Will be looking forward to the reviews of the Vive Pro 2, LJ. On paper a very goodlooking device. I am also looking into the upcoming DecaGear device. Would really like to see Valve come up with the Index 2. For sure no HP Reverb G3. 😉 

Might keep the Reverb as a dedicated device for flight sims (i.e. MSFS 2020), Dingo. The graphics are the best in sims. It also  seems to hold out a bit better (blue-screen wise) when it is not running inside the Steam environment.

Signing off in this saga, wishing you well in your vritual and real life journeys.

PM62

HP Recommended

I really wish that you could suggest what method for hdmi games did you use?  This thread goes way back, but I am having 4-1 issues, with a headset that won't wake up after playing flawlessly (almost) for about 4 months.  

HP Recommended

I think there are two possibilities: 1) you headset or cable is failing, in which case you can read through this thread for an idea of the saga you are about to enter in trying to obtain a relpacement; or 2) there is nothing wrong with your hardware, and you need to reinstall the drivers. You can easily try that by opening Device Manager and deleting all the devices associated with the G2, and see if they reinstall when you next connect the device. If the hardware is OK, all the devices will reinstall. If they don't, you have a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

Contact (call) HP Business Support and request the replacement of your current cable to the latest revision of cable (under warranty)

Explicitly ask for:
Part Number: M52188-001
Part Description: SPS-CA ACTIVE 6M BLACK /W SWITCH

This is larger and has a power switch, and 'should' resolve your issue 🙂

Photo of both cables (larger one being the newer revision of cable)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.