Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my Reverb G2 headset. It frequently disconnects from Windows. I can hear the Windows disconnect chime and the headset display goes black for a few seconds then comes back on. It does this repeatedly, making the headset unusable. I have tried using multiple display ports on my GPU and all available USB3 ports on the PC. Also tried an external powered USB hub, no difference. Can you advise?

Cheers

Def.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Cutter (and MayS), I'll try that number again tomorrow, I was shying away from the Business options, that'll be why I didn't get an appropriate option to select!!!

Thanks for your help

Def

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I haven't seen this myself but, from what I've read, having black screen moments is one of the common USB issues (along with the various error codes showing in the Mixed Reality Portal). I believe you can have a variety of problems without seeing them all in a nice tidy easily recognised fault, so you could get one problem without the others and it would still be the USB problem.

I guess the first question is; Have you got the improved cable?

In case you didn't know, the G2 seems to be very fussy about the signal strength or stability over the USB and has led to a lot of people finding their particular sockets (or maybe motherboard chipset) causing errors. HP have responded by replacing the cable (in my case after I requested it) with one that apparently has a powered USB hub electronics built into it - to get the performance required out of the signal. The newer cable has a bigger box where the power and USB cables meet, and comes with a power button. I understand this has fixed the problems for people with USB errors (Alas, not for me - my issue is audio devices not showing up).

It's also been reported that some people have found that a powered USB Hub solved their problem, for the reasons above, but I guess not in your case. I don't know if there are certain hubs that have been shown to work and you'd need that specific product to see if that solved it (this principle has led me to the logical madness of ordering a new motherboard because my brother has one that works with the G2).

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Thanks Cutter. Unfortunately I don't have the new cable as yet. I've tried in vain to get through to someone at HP Support here in the UK, the recorded options on the listed telephone number do not include any options for the G2 and when I tried any other options it just rang out or suggested I use the virtual agent which did not help at all. It is my hope that someone from tech support will see this message and direct it, or me, to the appropriate department. It's a shame because I really like my headset but find myself going back to the Quest2 more often because I have zero problems with it, well, except for the recent Facebook outage!!!

I'll try the telephone again when the office is open.

Cheers

Def.

HP Recommended

Hi @DefMeister - sorry I can't check the phone options I used as the service is now shut - I'll look again on Monday. I seem to remember all the options are called "business" devices of some sort, and I got there through a process of elimination. They're pretty good at answering the phone - I've only been in a queue briefly. The first person you speak to is like an operator, identifying who you need to be routed to, so don't get into the whole issue with them. Then you get passed to technical support.

The UK phone number I called is [content removed] (hopefully I'm allowed to post this here although this page is a US site). I've found that asking HP for support on these pages will likely get a reply asking me to contact Support in my country.

[This is the number that comes up (during the Mon-Fri 8am-6pm hours they're open) if you've switched to the UK site by clicking on the US flag at the bottom of the page and choosing the UK; then logging in (if not already); going to Support; Contact Us; and identifying your product.]

HP Recommended

Thanks Cutter (and MayS), I'll try that number again tomorrow, I was shying away from the Business options, that'll be why I didn't get an appropriate option to select!!!

Thanks for your help

Def

HP Recommended

Quick update, got through using the info above. A few minutes on the phone and I got a replacement cable through the post a week later. All seems to be working fine though I've not had much time for testing, here's hoping.

Thanks Cutter and MayS

Def.

HP Recommended

Great news - ENJOY!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.