2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Reverb G2 issues

HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I got my hands on a 6800 XT today and can finally play with the Reverb G2 I got just before Christmas.  Unfortunately I'm having several issues:

• Setting the headset to 60 hz in the WMR portal settings results in bright parts of the scene strobing/flickering, to the extent that it's unplayable.  There are no issues when the headset is set to 90 hz.
  • Many USB issues... I had read about the issues with x570 motherboards (I have an Asus TUF Gaming x570 Pro-Wifi), but I thought they'd be fixed after 4+ months.  With the headset plugged into my back-panel USB ports, I get 7-14 errors on every port (including the USB-C port).  I can get the headset working on my two front panel USB ports, but the headset isn't even detected on my front panel USB-C port (the port is fine, I have used it many times).

Any suggestions?  I am particularly worried about the first one, as I'm not sure if that indicates a hardware issue.  For the USB issues I know people have suggested powered USB ports, and sure, that will work around the issue, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect an  AUD$1000 headset to work properly with a modern x570 motherboard.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Exiges
2 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't think the Reverb is intended to run at 60hz, so 90hz is your answer.

The USB issues are well known, it's also the same for my TRX (Threadripper) motherboard, so I've used a $15 Powered USB extension from Amazon. 

Not ideal, but not insurmountable

0 Kudos
deeplyturtle
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

There are many people online talking about running the headset at 60hz, and if it wasn't supposed to run at 60hz I'd expect the WMR software to stop me choosing that as an option.

As far as the USB issues go, I've been informed about this which hopefully will help.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/go?https%3A%2F%2Fhothardware.com%2Fnews%2Famd-agesa-1202-ryzen-usb-c... 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation