Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey,

I just got my Reverb G2 and noticed that it does not work well with SteamVR applications. My setup is following:

• GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GAMING X TRIO
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
  • RAM: 32GB DDR4
  • MB: Asus Prime X570-Pro

WMR applications work seamlessly on highest quality settings with GPU load ~30-40%.

Even SteamVR home does not work properly on 100% resolution. I have to lower it to ~50% for applications to work properly.

Reason behind it seems to be that SteamVR hits the limits of both GPU and Graphics dedicated VRAM.

I've seen a lot of people complaining about it online mostly with solutions like lower your resolution. I'm still curious why is this happening? This card should be able to handle this resolution without any issue, moreover it does in native WMR applications.

Who's at fault here? Is it Microsoft, Steam, NVIDIA or HP? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

SteamVR tries to render at nearly 2x the resolution of your headset, resulting in low frame rates. Go to your Steam VR setting and set the resolution to 50% (which is about 2100 per eye) to get nearer the native resolution of the panels in your.

You may suffer slight image distortion due to th "barrel effect" but you will get a good 40% increase in framerate

HP Recommended

Do you know why 100% resolution in SteamVR does not equal native resolution of the headset?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.