Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I received this unit on November 21st, 2020 and have been using it almost every day since then. It has been working flawlessly until two days ago.

Randomly during gameplay, I will hear the Windows sound which indicates a device has been disconnected and then reconnected. In the headset, I see that my view moves erratically momentarily - it's as if the head tracking is glitching - and then the screen goes black. After a few seconds, the screen will return, but whatever application I was using has crashed. 

I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps with customer support to no avail. To make matters worse, they will not start an RMA since I have not had the unit for 30 days. I have to call HP Connection direct during business hours. I plan on doing that today. I hope they are able to get to the bottom of this - I had an Odyssey+ which I RMA'ed once and a G1 which I had to RMA three times. I love the product from HP when it works, but something really needs to be done about quality control. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi, once screen black, any message show up on your host PC, like "cable connection problem" or other error code?

Not sure if it is cable disconnection or something related with drivers, no photos for reference, so cannot judge what's the problem. but if you already call HP service, I think they will support you to fix it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.