Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN Reactor Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

So I finally bought the Omen Reactor mouse today. But unfortunately straight out of the box, the basic right-click doesn't appear to be working at all. I've uninstalled and re-installed multiple times. I've even looked on the boards and all over the web for others who have this problem and found nothing. I suspect this may be a macro problem yet I've not created any macros for the mouse yet just played with the lighting.

Could someone please help me out here?

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Sounds like you got a faulty mouse from factory. I have not heard of anyone else having this issue.

All I can offer is to try resetting the default settings and see if it clears up.

If not, I would take it back for a replacement.

Reset...

With the mouse unplugged, press and hold buttons 1 & 2.

Connect the USB cable, and continue to press and hold for three seconds.

Reactor mouse buttons.JPG

HP Recommended

Okay I just tried that and it had no effect. But the weird thing I have noticed is it depends where on the right mouse button you are pressing in order for it to work. Pressing the right mouse button as normal (at the very top of the button) does nothing. But pressing it right next to the mouse wheel and it works fine?!

Am I missing something here? Or does this mouse have more than one sensor for the same button?

Totally bizzare!

HP Recommended

Well, like I said, it appears more like you got a bad button.

I assume the left button doesnt react like that.

You will have to decide if you can live with it, or replace it.

Thats about all I can offer. Im sorry I cant do more.

HP Recommended

Its frustrating to admit but I think you're probably right. I've tried everything and it persists. So I'll have to call HP Store Support on Monday to see if I can get it exchanged which means by the time they pick this one up and ship a new one out, it'll be about a week...

Great!

Thanks anyway.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.