Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen by
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

bought a  OMEN by HP Sequencer keyboard. 

Omen command center was installed automatically by win10.

Every time after starting or rebooting my pc the lightning of the keyboard is off.

Once I start Omen command center manually the lightning gets switched on like configured in OCC.

Is there any way to start the keyboard light automatically without having to start Omen command center?

thanks and best regards

GNJB

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Ok, played a bit more.

The issue above only happens when choosing the static theme.

When choosing one of the "animation" themes, the lightning is on after boot/reboot.

Known issue? Will this be fixed?

HP Recommended

Hello @gnjb

The Sequencer keyboard is still reletivly new so I doubt its a known issue. But I will let the people at HP know about it.

Thanks for the info.

HP Recommended

Thanks Photoray,

I opened a case with support (5024302130).

I checked the keyboard with another PC and was not able to reproduce this issue. With the other PC the keyboard lights in both "static" and "animation" theme worked fine. In both modes the keyboard lights up once the PC is powered on, lights go off for a short period "between" bios and Windows loading. But it is fine afterwards.

With my PC the lights in static mode are not turned on when powering on the PC. In animation mode they behave like above. On - short off - on. 

So I don't think it is related to some bios usb port power settings!?

Hope support can help to debug.

regards

gnjb

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you found any solution to this problem?

I just bought this keyboard and encountered the same issue as you have. The static backlight color will not stay on during boot or bios, and will stay off until windows is fully launched and OCC software is started, only then it will set the backlight color-scheme again. Only the animated backlight will stay on during booting/bios process.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Radu, 

sadly, no - HP was not able to reproduce the issue. They wanted a video that shows the behaviour but I was not able to provide that so I closed the case.

For now my light turns on once the OCC service starts. thats better than before. 

If you have more time and ressources I can send you the ticket number so you can continue with that case. 

regards

gnjb

HP Recommended

Thank you for the quick reply. You can give me the ticket number as a reference for future Hp support. I will try ti dig more around this.

If I understood corectly, you said that you'we tested the keyboard on another system and in that case it worked like a charm with both static and animated backlight profiles. Can you think of some differences between systems?(usb type2.0/3.0, motherboard brand, windows version, OCC version, anything?)

Because in my opinion if the keyboard can retain the info for cusom animated backlighing so should it work for static backlight, but in our case the keyboard once powered on does not recognise the static profile and rolls back to default "backlight OFF", until command center opens and detects the keyboard, injecting the custom profile.

Best regards,

Radu.

HP Recommended

Hi Radu,

Ticket number is: 5024302130

I tested it on a newer system with AMD proc and it worked like charm. 

My sons PC is new, different board, AMD proc instead Intel, both running win 10 homem same OCC version. 

At some point Microsoft Store listed the system requirements and back then it said you need at least 5th gen core I something proc. 

I have a 4th gen core i7. This info has been removed and I cant imagen what the proc type would have to do with keyboard lightning.

I tested both usb3 and 2 ports.

I think too that the info needs to be stored on the keyboard to work during POST, bios and bootup, so I asked support if it possible to reset to factory default but did not get an answer to that question.

Removing and re-installing of OCC did not help.

And again, I saw it working with static settings during boot on the other PC. 

Let me know what you find out - I would still love to have it working correctly. The keyboard is great, the software sucks. 

regards

gnjb

HP Recommended

Thank you again for the reply.

It is weird for you to mention the CPU, as I also have the 4th gen i7(4770k). So this being a comon factor it could have some impact on our problem, maybe some type of instruction incompatibility with the 4gen i7? I will take that into account.

As I said, I will dig more in to this, and will keep you posted if I have any succes (you will be first to know). 

W'll keep in touch, If any other questions arise regarding the system/enviorment, helping me to norrow down the problem.

Best regards, Radu.

HP Recommended

Just to let you know, I too have the Core I7 4770K installed in my system.  :Surprise:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.