Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got a Reverb G2 VR headset.

The visual quality is very poor, I'm pretty sure the Fresnel lenses are the cause of this. Could these be replaced with true lenses so that the blur is reduced? Particularly anywhere outside the center field is blurry which is most of the view.

I have a headset for drone fpv, it doesn't use a Fresnel lens, it uses a normal lens and I can read text clearly over most of the view except the very edges. So traditional lenses seem to work better.

I'm wondering if it's a mistake to think that we need to use Fresnel lenses. They are not actually optically accurate lenses, they are more for diffuse light alignment. For example, no one is using Fresnel lenses as eye glasses because they don't work.

And I have to wear eye glasses with these headsets anyway, so by that stage, the headsets should just be providing a proper lens solution. Because any issues with lenses are going to be present anyway so...

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.