Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN PHOTON Wireless Mouse
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good day to all!

Recently purchased the HP OMEN PHOTON Wireless Mouse. And this is the problem - after a long period of inactivity, say after watching a movie, when I need a mouse again, I move it. The indicators light up and the cursor responds. But, sometimes, the cursor starts to slow down very much, it feels like the mouse is working at minimum DPI values. And the resolution button switches do not respond to pressing. If I turn the mouse on/off, then everything is OK. Who the can faced with similar ?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@Doktor77

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello again!

1. I carefully studied the instructions for this mouse - there is just the purpose of buttons and standard operation. Again, the DPI buttons work normally. BUT! In some cases, when the mouse wakes up, they do not respond to clicks, the color does not change, and the resolution does not switch. After turning off / on the mouse, it shows that it works in the lowest DPI resolution, but allows you to change it.

2. Link

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-omen-mouse/7318055/model/29362629/swIt...

goes to the drivers on HP OMEN Mouse X9000, they do not detect HP OMEN Photon, these are DIFFERENT mice.

So while I don't know what to do, I'm waiting for more tips/recommendations.

HP Recommended

@Doktor77

Thank you for posting back. 

Have you tried updating your computer software drivers? If no, then try updating the system software and check.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

What kind of drivers do you mean ? Included in the delivery package and on the support site - there are no special requirements for OMEN Photon. OMEN Command Center I installed, and the mouse and Mouse Pad it recognizes and allows me to configure. The mouse itself is recognized by the operating system as a normal HID-compatible mouse. Maybe somewhere there is a driver specifically for it ?

In the Windows sleep mode settings, I also disabled the function to disable USB ports when idle.

I tried inserting the USB mouse transmitter both into the Mouse Pad connector and into different USB ports - the problem persists.

The Windows system is the latest build (November).

Maybe there are some other solutions to the problem ?

HP Recommended

@Doktor77

Thank you for posting back. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Dok,

I've had this mouse for a while now, and it has been very frustrating. If I leave it for a few minutes, it will often operate at incredibly high DPI randomly, and the buttons have no effect. Firmware updates have had nothing to do with fixing this issue. It happens on my desktop and my laptop. All drivers up-to-date. Latest Windows 10 build, latest Omen Software, latest firmware. 

HP Recommended

Greetings!

I agree, that HP knows about the problem and is silent.. I just hoped, that buying a mouse and pad for $ 200-plus wouldn't cause me such stupid problems. But HP unpleasantly surprised and, most importantly - no response. I will not advise anyone to buy peripherals from HP, I will think about returning..

HP Recommended

do u still have the same problem?, cuz sadly i have it to also rgb sometimes switches from it self like wt*.

am starting to laugh really.

HP Recommended

Maybe this could help, I have that problem with my reactor mouse, what solves is uninstall the omen command center, then uninstall the mouse driver in your windows, then try instaling again. that helps for me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.