Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP 280 Silent Wireless Mouse

Hello,

I bought this new mouse from Amazon (Germany) and I am trying to register it (also to basically see whether it's genuine or not) but it fails. It always tells me that the serial number is incorrect or that the product couldn't be found.

When I tried using the support tab, it only offered me to contact an A.I. chat bot which couldn't help me at all with this problem. Any HP staff here who can help me please?

Regards,

The3hadow

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@The3hadow

Welcome to the HP Community.

My Opinion

Little mouse is not likely in the database HP Support uses to submit an online case.

This might be normal for the HP Device Registration process.

What?

Smaller devices are warranted as stated when you purchase them - they are not necessarily something you can "Register".

It's been awhile since I purchased any smaller HP devices - when I have done so, the package always includes a small slip of paper that explains the basics - "Here is your HP (Mouse)" - "Device is covered under this standard Warranty".  Smaller devices do not show up in my Registered Devices list.

What to do?

Hope the mouse keeps working.

Save your receipt.

If the mouse requires service within the Warranty period,

Ask for help here in the Community and we will forward a specific request for Review.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.