Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Windows mixed Reality headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a usb3.0 problem on my computer for my VR headset. He is in a USB 3.0 port but every time the mixed reality portal program asks that I have to check if he is in a USB 3.0 SS port. I connected everything the first day I got the headset and then he did work on a USB port and the day after he did not work on my USB ports anymore so I would like to find a solution for this but after 2 to 3 days I can not find out any solutions for it  and i did update everything i could what sites told me to update like my windows itself and my drivers + drivers for my motherboard so i did everything i could for my knowledge and now im clueless what the solution for the problem is . Please help 😄

15 REPLIES 15
HP Recommended

Hi @Ardjoena,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand, HP VR Headset does not work when connected to 3.0 USB port. 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it was working fine? 

Did you try other device on 3.0 USB Port? 

Were there any recent changes made? 

Please follow these steps install the HMD:

• Connect the HMD to the computer. 

NOTE: Plug in the USB first, and then plug in the HDMI.

The HMD display does not show on the Windows desktop. 

NOTE: If the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000 is not recognized or does not function when connected using an adapter, dongle, or hub, connect the headset directly to a USB or HDMI port on the computer, tablet, or other device being used to verify functionality of the HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset VR1000.

If the HMD is equipped with audio, you are able to hear it. If you cannot hear the audio, you can test the audio functionality by connecting external headphones to the PC or to an audio plug on the HMD.

• The HMD and the Monitor are displayed in the Device Manager.

Right-click the Mixed Reality devices in Device Manager and select Properties.

• Verify that the device drivers are downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update.

Click the Driver tab

• In the list of programs, select HP Mixed Reality Headset Setup.

If Developer Mode has not been enabled, the following page is displayed with the message:

Welcome to Windows Mixed Reality To use this version of Windows Mixed Reality, turn on Developer mode.

If your system meets the requirements for the mixed reality HMD, proceed the next step.

• Click Next on the You're good to go screen that displays the information about your device.

The installation is complete and you are ready to proceed with the next step and the calibration.

For more information, refer to this link: Click here

You could also refer to Microsoft document: Click Here

Keep me posted!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And feel free to ask any other queries as well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

HP Recommended

Hi @Flower_Bud  ,

It worked the first time when it came in but i didnt had my hdmi in my graphics card because it didnt had extra hdmi space (i have a 1080TI card with 2 dp and 2 hdmi connections) both hdmi  were taken so i did replace those hdmi cables and used adapters for my 2 dp connections and that day my usb 3.0 did work on my headset .

but the day after i tried to set it up again because i had everything up to date and set it didnt connect on the good usb .

I did try other devices on the 3.0 usb ports and all are working fine . i even used the mixed reality checker to see if my pc is capable for the HP VR headset in pc specs and the usb 3.0 was working for the checker ,but if i plug it in it still asks me to check if its in a usb 3.0 ssport.

i didnt change alot in my pc i just followed the instructions on the guides and online guides of HP themself to make my pc HP VR headset ready.

PS: My pc does recognize my headset in device manager but on my hololens Sensors it shows: ' Insufficient USB device speed: 2' Everything is working fine execpt the usb problem and im kinda clueless at the moment .

HP Recommended

Hi @Ardjoena,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

Ensure your windows version 1709 (falls creator update) is installed, if not update your windows,

Go to Device Manager and get latest Intel HD graphic driver using the update option on driver properties.

It will update to the WDDM 2.1 to WDDM 2.2. (screenshot 1 to screenshot 2)

After update, should look like this:

Let me know how that goes and I'll get back to you with more details and/or a complete fix.

Keep me posted!

Cheers!

HP Recommended

image.png

HP Recommended

Still  doesnt  work  on my usb 3.0  thats why im clueless

HP Recommended

Hi @Ardjoena,

USB 3.0ss refers to a superspeed USB port. Try connecting VR Headset to USB 3.0 port with the thunderbolt symbol. 

Keep me posted, if this works 🙂

Cheers!

HP Recommended
I did and it still doesn’t work .-.
I have a Asrock Fatality z97x motherboard and i still cant make the headset working 😕
HP Recommended

Hi @Ardjoena,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the reply. You've some great research and troubleshooting in this reply. Kudos to you for that. 🙂  AS @Flower_Bud is out of the office for today, I am responding on her behalf. If you look at the screenshot that you've posted, the Bluetooth checklist is not being completed.as it requires the computer to support Bluetooth 4.0 or higher for the VR headset to be paired with the computer.

So please check if the computer supports Bluetooth 4.0 or higher from its product specifications.

Is it an HP computer? If it is, for further assistance please contact HP phone support for further assistance in this regard.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP

• Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
  • Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
  • Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
  • Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi David ,

With full respect if u look good on the picture it says the bluetooth is only needed for supporting and connecting the controllers but not for the headset . (also the instruction with the headset didn't said it had to connect on bluetooth )

I still have the issue that my mixed reality portal is not connect my headset on only the usb problem . its getting detected fully on my pc (the headset is dected fully on my pc i mean )  but my usb 3.0 ports (with thunderbolt icon ) aren't fast enough liuke the program said even tho they are 3.0 ss-ports .

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.