Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Reverb G2 VR Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Reverb G2 delivered early 2021 already having issues. The right lens is flickering. Turning heat to 60hz is like constant blinking. 

Now, I get that things can go wrong with a product's production. I've seen this as a known issue. However, my patience goes straight to sub 0 when a company REFUSES to provide a way to contact them to remedy their error. Truly from the bottom of my heart mean what I'm about to say... This is the absolute WORST custom service I have ever seen. 

For what ever reason, the S/N on my box and etched into my headset rim shows my warranty as "unknown". So I get 0 help. "Try again" is HP's idea of customer service?! So HP makes 2 mistakes on a $600 product and I'm the one spending all day looking for a way to contact the company?  Truly scummy.  The product line isn't even 1 year old yet. 

If anyone can help(since reaching out to the community is how HP thinks technical support should work) I'm looking for:

-Support Direct contact information. 

Thank you to the community that Does HP's job for them... for free. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi@ Striker667,

Install and update the latest BIOS & video card drivers, once done, use the below steps: 

1. Open the controller's battery cover. 

2. Press and hold the pairing button. It is located below the batteries. 

3. Press and hold the Windows button for five seconds. 

4. Release both buttons simultaneously. The process of resetting should take about 15 seconds. 

5. Pair your motion controllers with your PC. 

Once done, try the below steps: 

1. Open the Mixed Reality Portal app on your PC. 

2. In the side menu click on see more. 

3. Select set up controllers. 

4. In the settings screen you now see, click add Bluetooth or other device. 

5. Open the battery door on your controllers. 

6. Press the small button below the batteries for 2 seconds until the lights flash. 

7. When the controllers appear in the list, click connect. 

Now, put on your headset and make sure that they're working and tracking OK. If you don't see them as in the image above, hold down the Windows button for two seconds until it vibrates to turn them off. 

Then repeat the process to turn them back on again and this should make them both appear in front of you. 

Once the controllers have paired over Bluetooth the lights on the ring will stop flashing and instead stay bright and steady. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

While I appreciate the information on the controllers... The issue is that my right LENS flickers. At 90 hz it makes bright scenes blurry... at 60 hz it's like a slide show and completely unusable. Something that would be fixable if HP bothered to have contact info for S/N that comes up "warranty unknown". Makes me think HP sold me a refurbished headset at full price. 

HP Recommended

Hi@Striker667,

Hp never sells refurbished devices with Tagging devices reconfigoned to the customer on the HP website 

Tried Adding the game to High performances in the Nivida control panel?

Download GEFORCE EXPERIENCE updates the gaming drivers.

Turn on Game Mode. Game Mode is a new feature in Windows 10 Update that improves gaming performance by limiting background processes and programs from using system resources while a game is running.

Press the Windows key and G to open the Game bar.

In the game bar, click Settings.

Click the check box next to the game title to enable Game Mode for that game.

Plug notebook PCs into an AC adapter to give the graphics card more power.

HP Recommended

Yea... and HP doesn't miss scan S/N either..

Game Mode is already on.  And the issue doesn't need to go as far as a game. You can see the flickering in and out of the headset in both Windows MR home and SteamVR home.  This just started out of the blue.. Everything is up to date INCLUDING the G2's firmware update. It's running on a rtx 3070 as it has since I bought the headset... a $600 headset that I can't get support on because the S/N wasn't correctly added to some database. 

HP Recommended

I have EXACLTy the same issue on a reverb G2 i bought fom the HP star two weeks ago. please let me know if they managed to connect you to support in any way?

~Markmit

HP Recommended

Take a look at this post:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Gaming-Accessories/HP-Reverb-G2-Errors-7-14-4-1-or-audio-stutters-drop...

Also, the serial number for me was located on the inside of the headset and to the left of the lens. The sticker is small and can be difficult to read.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.