Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got this Headset last July and I thought that I could do something for this black screen, and have been trying to get this troubleshot with no luck.  If anyone could help me that would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@HuggyB One of the possibles reasons why this issue occurs is due to an incompatible HDMI adapter.

This can also be caused by an outdated or corrupted graphics driver: Click here to find and install the latest drivers, once done, check the below list and ensure you've got it right:

• If you're using an HDMI adapter, make sure it supports HDMI 2.0
  • Remove any USB and HDMI extension cables if you're using any
  • If possible, try the Mixed Reality headset on another PC

On some PCs, leaving your headset plugged in before turning on your PC or while rebooting your PC may interfere with the PC's startup process:

• Your PC could select the headset displays as the "primary monitor" to show PC startup progress
  • Your PC could be prevented from starting up properly and may 'hang' and/or produce a beeping error code

The exact behavior depends largely on the PC make and model, and/or the make and model of the graphics card. While this is not an issue with Windows, you may be able to work around this:

• Try connecting your headset to a different port on your graphics card. In some cases, you may need to use an adapter to use the other ports.
  • Make sure your PC's BIOS / UEFI firmware is up-to-date (note: only update your PC's BIOS / UEFI firmware if you're comfortable with doing so)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.