Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Windows Mixed Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So... i have been trying to fix this over a year.. maybe two..
Headset was working very fine but one day... It stopped working.
When i plug everything in error show up ''make sure that the USB cable is plugged into superspeed usb 3.0 port...1-4 error''
Anyone have any help? Iam kinda pissed of that HP make error messages and dont know how to solve them... never buying anything out of HP again... and yeah did i said its too late to refund.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MartiX

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are getting an error when connecting the Windows mixed reality headset.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Make sure that you're using a supported USB 3.0 port on your PC:
    • Make sure that your headset's USB cable is plugged in all the way.
    • Run the Windows Mixed Reality Portal to make sure your PC's USB 3.0 controller is supported.
    • Connect your headset to the other USB 3.0 ports on your PC. Some PCs have more than one USB 3.0 controller.
    • Temporarily disconnect all of the USB devices attached to your PC, and only connect your headset.
    • On custom-built PCs, even though a port may be marked as a USB 3.0 port, it may be connected to a USB 2.0 controller. With your headset connected, open Device Manager, locate and single click any of the devices enumerated from your headset, then go to View > Devices by connection.
  • Try your headset on another PC. If that other PC is not fully compatible with Windows Mixed Reality, check in Device Manager to see if you see the "insufficient USB speed" message. If it does not enumerate properly on multiple PCs, your headset could be defective.
  • Remove any extenders or hubs between the headset and the computer.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. Yes i have tried all things you said and still not working.

And i forgot to put that in the messege iam getting the --- Device Error : 0x80040203 : E_DEVICE_USB_SPEED_TOO_SLOW
Another thing i noticed is when i go to the WMR portal and error shows up i let the headset connected and i go step back... to the min requirements it show that i dont have USB 3... BUT  when i disconect it and refresh it shows i have USB 3. 

HP Recommended

@MartiX

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.