Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
slimline 450-010il
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I wanted to buy a graphics card but im confused about the pci vesrions on my system

it says there are two slots availableUntitled.png

does it mean that i can use two different graphics card at the same time one of x16 and one of x1 

then please help me choose most compatible graphics card ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@sandykmr

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Slimline Desktop - 450-010il PC. I read that you would like to buy a graphics card and would like to know the PCI version on the motherboard. I'll be glad to assist you with the information.

I did some research and found the motherboard specifications. You should go for the graphics card that can fit into the PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) slot. This slot is meant for the graphics cards.

Secondly, this PC is powered by a 180 W power supply unit. Some graphics card need more power to operate and sometimes upgrading a graphics card would require upgrading the power supply too. So please check the system requirements of the graphics card before upgrading. 

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@sandykmr

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I understand that you have an HP Slimline Desktop - 450-010il PC. I read that you would like to buy a graphics card and would like to know the PCI version on the motherboard. I'll be glad to assist you with the information.

I did some research and found the motherboard specifications. You should go for the graphics card that can fit into the PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) slot. This slot is meant for the graphics cards.

Secondly, this PC is powered by a 180 W power supply unit. Some graphics card need more power to operate and sometimes upgrading a graphics card would require upgrading the power supply too. So please check the system requirements of the graphics card before upgrading. 

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to keep me posted for any further questions. Take care! 🙂

HP Recommended

Thank you sir for the quick help...:smileyvery-happy:

I've taken care of the PSU situation,I'm using a 450w psu now.Now it is clear about the PCIe.If you can still suggest the most compatible GPU for my system.It'll be a great help,because there is huge variety to choose from.just to narrow down

And Again Thank you for the help...:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

@sandykmr

You're most welcome. 🙂

You're right there is a long list of the graphics card to choose from. To be honest I do not have a particular graphics card to suggest you. However, a branded graphics card which can fit into the PCI Express x16 (Gen 3.0) slot and with the 450W power supply should work fine. 

Hope this helps. Take care!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.