Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 600 Gaming Mouse
FreeDOS

Wonderful mouse, horrible manual.  The same topic already exists, but for a reason I don't understand, I cannot answer / continue...

»EDIT« (after moderator removed some rant about answering culture in this forum)

This is not a question!

I know, reading is not popular, but please be informed that you do not need to answer any question here.

It is about additional resp. corrected information based on facts, shared to make good things better.

»/EDIT«

Omen mouse settings without software (homemade QuickReference manual) 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

See my Quick Reference and try it yourself and let us know if it worked for you.

Just that HP publishes outdated manuals (respectively dead links in case of the Vector Wireless, which leads to wrong assumtions and/or supports the popular zero-knowledge world) doesn't justify repeating disproved nonsense.  The other thread (like mentioned, with the same topic and currently available under this URL) also pointed to a discussion about firmware versions and more details of fixed deficiencies, which I haven't had time/interest to dig into... Unfortunately I couldn't post to that thread, hence I created this one with the same topic at HP's behest.
Just try my quick reference. It's some orders of magnitude easier to read/remember/understand than what HP publishes - even if  you don't end up in a dead link or an outdated hardcopy shot. If anybody want's to maintain/extend that table, I'll be happily sharing the .ods - I'm not using it/them for gaming, just as better quality office/X11 mouse (600 and Vector Wireless).

Known things to improve:

• Validated list of devices with the same key mapping
  • Wording (I'm not native english speaking as you might have noticed)
  • Firmware availability/versions/changes

By the way, here's another thread which spreads wrong information and should be corrected:Omen 600 gaming mouse forward & reverse buttons

Somebody read the post half way - at best, answerd a not asked question and the answer itself is useless to wrong - repeating pattern here 😞

Please feel responsible cleaning up that mess and extend this thread with links to likewise wrong posts.  Everybody reading that you cannot change the sniper mode without software - while also stated that there is no software - is a lost customer.  The mice are great, just the manual resp. outdated and broken download links are the problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

unfortunately, i think OMEN 600 cant turn-off sniper mode... On OMEN 600 manual, there's no option to change it to 'forward' button or turn-off that button...

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
HP Recommended

See my Quick Reference and try it yourself and let us know if it worked for you.

Just that HP publishes outdated manuals (respectively dead links in case of the Vector Wireless, which leads to wrong assumtions and/or supports the popular zero-knowledge world) doesn't justify repeating disproved nonsense.  The other thread (like mentioned, with the same topic and currently available under this URL) also pointed to a discussion about firmware versions and more details of fixed deficiencies, which I haven't had time/interest to dig into... Unfortunately I couldn't post to that thread, hence I created this one with the same topic at HP's behest.
Just try my quick reference. It's some orders of magnitude easier to read/remember/understand than what HP publishes - even if  you don't end up in a dead link or an outdated hardcopy shot. If anybody want's to maintain/extend that table, I'll be happily sharing the .ods - I'm not using it/them for gaming, just as better quality office/X11 mouse (600 and Vector Wireless).

Known things to improve:

• Validated list of devices with the same key mapping
  • Wording (I'm not native english speaking as you might have noticed)
  • Firmware availability/versions/changes

By the way, here's another thread which spreads wrong information and should be corrected:Omen 600 gaming mouse forward & reverse buttons

Somebody read the post half way - at best, answerd a not asked question and the answer itself is useless to wrong - repeating pattern here 😞

Please feel responsible cleaning up that mess and extend this thread with links to likewise wrong posts.  Everybody reading that you cannot change the sniper mode without software - while also stated that there is no software - is a lost customer.  The mice are great, just the manual resp. outdated and broken download links are the problem.

HP Recommended

It's great if you already find a solution then.... nice... but i cant try it because i dont have it... 

Sent from OMEN 15 en-0013ax
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.