Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
G2 Reverb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just received my G2 Reverb VR headset. Long awaited en eager to try it out. The headset set up as expected, The controllers are paired and my playspace is setup. After that WMR starts downloading. After the download i get the message that 90Hz is not supported. After resetting the frequency in WMR to 60 hz WMR gives the error code 14-2.

The VR headset screen remains black throughout the procedure. Sound works when initializing WMR for a second and then it stops.

background: 

I just got the new AMD RX 6800. as GPU. headset is connected with USB-c on the GPU. but I tried all other usb connections also in combination with powered USB 3.0 hub.

system specs:

AMD ryzen 7 3700X

X570 MSI motherboard

AMD RX 6800 GPU all the latest drivers installed through the radeon software. veersion 20.11.2

I read about the possible issues with USBs in combination with the x570 chipset. Thats why i tried a powered HUB (wich was reported to solve the problem) however the problem is reported in combination with error code 17-4.

I encounter error code 14-2

could it be a graphics driver issue?

I am very dissapointed after such a long wait as you might imagine.

so can anybody help?

kind regards HB34

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It definitely seems to be an issue with the usb ports on the X570 motherboards.  I had the same issue with my G2.  I used a non-powered usb hub built into my monitor to resolve the issue.  There seems to be more success with non-powered hubs.  Multiple people are reporting success with this hub.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L32B9C2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabt1_79-WFb4ZGWHB3

HP Recommended

Thank you for your repley ! I will try the unpowered hub as well!

But i assume it will not fix the issue since my graphics card also has a USB-c port. Using this  would circumvent the chipset problem (like using the port in the monitor). But sadly the result is the same: a black screen on the G2 reverb. So i think it is a problem with the graphics card. That being said: no harm in trying and hopefully i am wrong 🙂

I was able to check the headset on a friends computer with the same chipset and another graphics card (Nvidia). The headset works fine when plugged in on the USB-c port of the graphics card.

So the solution would be not to buy the AMD rx 6800 in combination with G2 reverb but sadly that's what i got.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.