Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP PROLIANT ML350 G5 MOTHERBOARD
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

can a GTX founders edition 3gb graphics card fit a HP PROLIANT ML350 G5 MOTHERBOARD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @The-Tech-Guy1.

@The-Tech-Guy1 wrote:
How about a gtx 650 because I'm not really using it for professional use but merely as a small work horse with some ability to game and design

Here are the specs for the GTX 650.  I believe that it will work.  However, it requires a minimum of 400W to operate properly.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@The-Tech-Guy1, welcome to the forum.

The problem that you will have is the video card will not be compatible with the motherboard.  The newer cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a Legacy/standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012 with Win 8.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.

Here are the QuickSpecs.  It will give you an idea of what will work.  As you will see, the HP PROLIANT ML350 G5 has been retired.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended
How about a gtx 650 because I'm not really using it for professional use but merely as a small work horse with some ability to game and design
HP Recommended
Thanks for the support about the first bit of info
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @The-Tech-Guy1.

@The-Tech-Guy1 wrote:

Here are the specs for the GTX 650.  I believe that it will work.  However, it requires a minimum of 400W to operate properly.

HP Recommended
Thanks for the support I have what I need
HP Recommended
I built a hp proliant ml350 from parts of eBay Inc got the motherboard and processors and ram also the processor coolers I bought a 1000 watt power supply and a sata adapter with a ide port and USB I plugged the power supply and all the components inot the motherboard and when I first turned the system on it when the in to the bios for 10 seconds then turned off
HP Recommended
Then the front io port had a red light blinking wearable there others were green I checked the online manual and everything was fine I have no idea what is going on please help it is my first pc build after a year of watching pc builds and asking the school technician for some advice.
Please help.
Thanks.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.