Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp reverb g2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi guys ,i have a asus tuff x570 plus 3070 gpu 16gb ddr with a m.2 drive running win10 updated bios to latest ,like others my hp reverb g2 won't connect error 7-14 tried all the ports ect ,installed gpu drivers fresh ,deleted and reinstalled all hid devices ,still wont connect ,works with a older friends pc asrock board ryzen 3200g ddr4 win 10, any ideas. finally got working not what sorry if this doesnt help anyone i did everything all over again restarted and worked but will not go to any other ports than front ? thanks all

104 REPLIES 104
HP Recommended

[Update 11/13] 

I came up with a workaround: purchased a cheap USB-C add-in card. This totally avoids the AMD x570 onboard chipset drivers which seem to be the most likely root cause. When I plugged the headset into the USB-C port on the add-in card it took literally < 3 seconds for the mixed reality portal to launch and be ready to go! YMMV, but I hope this helps someone else.

[Original Message]

I have the same problem on a very similar configuration:  ASUS x570-PRO, 3700X, RTX2060 Super, 32 GB, Gen4 M.2. No overclocking, just OOTB vanilla, latest BIOS, latest NVIDIA driver, fully patched Windows 10 including fall 2020 update. I tested all 10 USB ports (6 USB-A 3.2 Gen1, 3 USB-A 3.2 Gen2, 1 USB-C 3.2 Gen2) and an external USB 3.0 hub. 

In order to ensure Windows Mixed Reality portal was not corrupted, I plugged in my old Samsung Odyssey and everything worked as expected.  To further verify that the G2 was not DOA, I plugged it into a 3 year old MSI VR laptop and everything worked as expected except for the limitations of a mobile 1070.

HP Recommended

I have the same issue as well, on ASUS Crosshair 7 x470 mobo 32gb DDR4-3200, RTX2080Ti, everything is up to date, reinstalled WMR portal twice, restarted countless times, reinstalled drivers tried my USB-C port and all of my USB 3.0 slots none of them work, there isn't any indication that the headset is even turned on to any extent. Waited so long for this headset just to get issues. Very frustrating and disappointing

HP Recommended

I'm also getting the 7-14.  My specs are AMD 3700X, Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero Wifi, 32GB DDR, EVGA Hybrid 1080Ti, Gigabyte Aorus m.2 NVMe.  What I am curious about is people's version of Win10.  I recently updated to 20H2 (had version 2004 previously) and I've seen people talk about success with 1909 and 2004 but no one mentioning 20H2 yet.  Hoping this isn't the problem that we're going to have to wait on an update from Microsoft for.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I got it working for a bit by plugging it into a different computer and then coming back to my computer, but then when I unplugged it to move it to a new location and plugged it in again, I was right back to 7-14 every time. X570 motherboard with a 2080 Super 16gm ddr with an m.2 drive, everything up to date.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I tried on my Asus Strix GL12CX desktop and my brand new Asus laptop. Nothing at all. I tried every port, reinstalling the portal 3x and wasted several hours being bounced all over Microsoft "support" worldwide since yesterday. The closest I have gotten is the 7-1 error. Very frustrating to have such an expensive brick. 

HP Recommended

I did some research last night  with one of my friends and we noticed a trend that all the people having issues are running AMD chipsets. I can't speak for everyone but when I open device manager after plugging my headset in it shows the headset as the HP reverb G2 so windows is able to communicate with the headset which says to me it is not the USB ports, or the headset but rather a software issue with WMR, which makes sense as this is an issue the G1 has as well after microsoft pushed an update for WMR that has screwed up something between the headset and WMR. We're just going to have to wait for microsoft to fix it....

HP Recommended

Hey guys I just tried my headset on my intel based PC that I use to run media to my TV, and I have found some people have started using intel based USB expansion cards to work around the issue, and so I have ordered myself an intel thunderbolt 3 based USB expansion card, will report the results once I have it probably around midweek next week

HP Recommended

re "intel thunderbolt 3 based USB expansion card" 

What motherboard do you have? Does it have to have a Thunderbolt header?

HP Recommended

I have an ASUS ROG Crosshair 7 X470 chipset. And no the problem only persists with AMD headers as far as I'm aware. I just went with the thunderbolt because it was the first one in stock and not an AMD header that I found at my choice supplier with decent specs and ports, I also know that Intel headers will definitely work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.