Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
hp omen 400
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i have the hp omen 400 mouse and i dont know how to change it to 400 dpi i cant use 800 because i use only only 400 so i need to lower it to 400 dpi please help

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @evyatar1,

You cannot change the DPI to 400 on the Omen mouse, as there is a pre-configured setting on the mouse.

Try the steps recommended below to change the DPI settings on the mouse.

Press to change the DPI setting.

• Red: 1600 DPI (default)
• Red-orange: 2000 DPI
• Orange: 2400 DPI
• Yellow: 2800 DPI
• Green: 3200 DPI
• Blue: 3600 DPI
• Blue-violet: 4000 DPI
• Violet: 5000 DPI

1. To switch between the 1000 Hz and 125 Hz polling
rate, click the right mouse button while pressing and
holding the forward/sniper button 1 and back button
2. When the setting is changed successfully, the light
flashes white three times. By default, the polling rate
is 1000 Hz.
This mouse uses an optical tracking sensor for
gaming-grade precision and accuracy. For optimal
performance, HP recommends a high-quality mouse
pad such as the OMEN by HP Mouse Pad.

Refer the mouse user guide to know more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

using it about 2 weeks now, and all of a sudden it stopped working, tried plugging it in in every single port, but it only sometimes works for just a pit and then turns off even if it's plugged in, and i cant even download the newest drivers because the system doesn't recognize it. Any help?

HP Recommended

@User4561
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Have you tried using the mouse on a different computer?
  • Did this happen after a recent window or software update?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Yes, I've tried using it on all the computers in my house and it acts the same, however I cannot remember if there was some sort of windows update though. I remember turning on my computer that morning, playing some games and all of a sudden my cursor would freeze for like 2-3 seconds then unfreeze. I ignored it, and then that night it completely "died" on me. I've sent it to the shop I bought it from since I have the right for a return. I'll see what will happen next.

HP Recommended

@User4561

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's try this:
Press and hold to reduce DPI to 400 DPI. Release to return to current DPI setting.  
To switch between the 1000 Hz and 125 Hz polling rate, click the right mouse button while pressing and holding the forward/sniper button1 and back button
2. When the setting is changed successfully, the light flashes white three times. By default, the polling rate is 1000 Hz.

This mouse uses an optical tracking sensor for gaming-grade precision and accuracy. For optimal performance, HP recommends a high-quality mouse pad such as the OMEN by HP Mouse Pad.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.