Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@Quip13

Hmm. Good question. They used to not work after putting my laptop to sleep, but they do now. To be honest, I haven't actually rebooted in a few days (I'm avoiding Win Updates due to work). Next time I'll reboot, I'll let you know.

It's a pain in the butt, but honestly, it takes 10 seconds to fix (I'm reminding myself of that more than you, because I hate doing it, too). I'm just happy to have my keyboard colors back.

HP Recommended

@Quip13

So, I just rebooted, and for the first time in a while, everything works as-is. Lights, fan, P keys, and also the F keys that I had rearranged (particularly for easier control of sound and brightness).

Did you update the...I think it was the System Utility? That was one of the first things I did--before following _gp's instructions. And also, I think I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Omen Control at some point. (Though I can't remember when I did that.)

Sorry. Hopefully you'll have figured it out or get it figured out soon!

HP Recommended

I've been having the same problem with my hp omen control since the Windows 10 Update. My LED backlight has been stuck on the default red ever since, and whenever I try to change it, nothing happens. It's about a month later and still no solution. If anyone has a fix I don't know of, please let me know. The problem doesn't bother me or ruin my experience, but it's anoying if you paid for a laptop that has a changing backlight and not be able to use it.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@Foof54321

Try this:

1) Bios should be the latest ver F26 rev.A

2) Uninstall the Omen control software, uninstall the System Event Utility.

3) Shut down and cold boot - When I did this, the system delfaulted back to orginal lighting config

4) install the updated system event utility(1.40 Rev.A)

5) Reboot

6) Install the latest version of the Omen control software (Version 1.10 Rev.B)  - This is the latest version for Win8.1; there is not one for Win10 yet.

7) Reboot

I did the above steps when the sytem event utility was released on the 3rd of August for Win10 and everything is fully functioning for me ever since, as it was with Win 8.1

HP Recommended

Hey guys!!

I know how to make the fan and the HP Omen control works in Win 10 now!

Open Hp Central Ops,

Then open HP recovery manager.

Then  open reinstall programs and or applications.

And then reinstall HP Omen central ops and HP Omen Control (or anything else for u but that is for the keyboard and fan 🙂

Hope that'll work after the Restart.

SIncerely, 

Lenny 

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@APS031788 wrote:

SOLVED : visit the link 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/HP-omen-control-center-windows-...

The system event utility update is old news in this thread. Its already noted starting back on page 3 and in several posts since. Some users are still having issues after applying the updated utility. 

HP Recommended

NOT solved.

HP Omen Control does still NOT work at all.

What's more, after closing it, it remains running as a crashed task and takes 100% CPU load of one core.

HP Recommended

@David-P

Did you already try to uninstall the Omen Control Center from the windows control panel?

This is what fixed it for me: after uninstalling, download this version and install it:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe

HP Recommended

@_gp wrote:

@pnj

I also have no functionality with the 6 programmable keys. They just repeat the same characters as the key to the right (ex. P1=ESC    P2=`  P3=TAB   ...etc). Tried all the steps here and unfortunatilly I still have the same problem.

15-5020nr

I contacted HP's tech support and ran through basic troubleshooting with drivers. They have escalated my case to an "Escalations Manager" who gave me the number for tech support . They are calling me sometime today, so I will report back here if they are able to fix it.

[ UPDATE ]

I worked with the tech support in India. They were not as helpful as I would have liked... but what else is new? After speaking with two of their techs I was not able to get the problem fixed. They wanted me to downgrade to windows 8.1 and then re-upgrade (no thank you).

However, I did get the programmable keys working again.

I ended up uninstalling the omen control center and then reboot the computer. Then I downloaded the Omen control Center software for 8.1 from the hp Software and Drivers page ( http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70501-71000/sp70894.exe ). This is an updated version of the Omen control center with a few new features [macros]. Much more funcional than before.

*** Don't try to install the one that is already on the computer. Download a fresh copy.

Hope that helps. I would be happy to troubleshoot this with anyone who is still encountering this issue. Dont waste your time with HP's tech support

Thank you this worked by uninstalling the original software, restarting and reinstalling!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.