Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 500-164
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello! On Thursday, I will he ordering a GTX 1050ti (Single fan). My current CPU is an A8-6500 3.5GHz. I was wondering, how much of a bottleneck would I have? Will I get over 75 fps on medium settings on games like Overwatch? Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I don't think you'll have any issues with that CPU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

bump!

HP Recommended
I guess no one knows? xd
HP Recommended

@Omarmufc wrote:
I guess no one knows? xd

It's not very clear what you're wanting.   I'd recommend checking the system requirements for whichever game(s) you are interested in playing and ensuring that you're well above that.  One thing that would improve your system speed greatly beyond this is upgrading your 2TB 7200RPM hard drive to an SSD of whichever quantity you like.

Also, I hope that the card you ordered is supported by the PSU in your tower.

HP Recommended

Hi. I'm sorry for not being specific. Yes, the PSU will support it. I'm just wondering, how much will the CPU bottleneck the 1050ti? I won't be playing AAA games. Only e-sports games. 

HP Recommended
I don't think you'll have any issues with that CPU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.