Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Oh not at all, much respect for your dedication and assistance. We are all in the same boat with our hardware addiction 😉 

HP Recommended

@hwsense  Thanks and yes indeed, welcome if no one has formerly said so to you yet this year.  😀

HP Recommended

@hwsense  I should mention, there have been reviews that have stated recently (cant remember if it was during the roll out of the Obelisk or the L series desktops), that there would be full MFG specs cards used in those builds, not a modified/down clocked version. So it supposedly changed there after with the RTX series (I assume). Although I have learned never to assume anything with HP.

HP Recommended

Yes indeed, I saw a few reviews of the new SKUs with the included RTX3080 and they are finally not a blower style cooling solution ones, but with triple fans, although I am a true believer that the performance would be ideal with the FE versions of the cards, as they are exhausting out most of the heat directly, without dumping it in the case, oppose to what the regular fans versions do. 

HP Recommended

Yes on FE, especially with HP's case designs.

HP Recommended

@Photoray002 wrote:

What HWSense is not realizing is that HP has the Graphics cards specifically configed to HP specs, ergo the 1080ti you have will run on a lower wattage PSU at its max settings (an average GTX 1080ti specs require 600 to 650w PSU's as per name brand MFGs recommendations). HP has always done this. But if the MFG of your "new" card recommends a higher wattage PSU (usually 650w or different), I would follow their recommendations.  500w will work, but most likely not on the GPU's heaviest loads.  You could always leave the old PSU and try it out first.

@Prométhée  The op mentioned a Ti, not SLI configuration. Is that what you meant?

Before answering you @Photoray002 
I just wanted to say that it is a shame to drown the subject with all these answers!
I am a little of this opinion, not necessarily, because it is HP, but simply that each manufacturer, can make a different card, and therefore need a more powerful power supply!
So, I bugged, I saw in the characteristics only one TI
But it would be possible to use a 1080ti sli, only the power supply will certainly not be suitable!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-880-100-desktop-pc-series/18695893/document/c0584745...

another problem being the availability of older graphics cards. Because a gtx2xxx could also be compatible! Personally, I would advise to have a more recent computer for the rtx3xxx series, it can not run at full power on that would be a shame, unless you re-use it later in another computer!

OMEN by HP 880-599ng Desktop PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (8 GB)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Im sorry but your response is the watering down here and having a go at another poster (@photoray002) that was answering the questions when your answer of SLI 1080tis was not helpful is appalling! the OP asked about a 3070 why would another 1080ti be the answer when most games don’t support SLI? The only watering down here I can see is your responses please read the OPs post and do some research when answering questions don’t attack other users.

HP Recommended

Sorry, I think you just didn't understand my answer.
I will keep it simple, this is not the best option for the user to install such an rtx, unless you use it later on another machine!
And I'm not saying he should, but he could do a sli

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I don’t understand? you’re kidding! The user has an 8700K an RTX 3070 would be ok, an SLI setup would be pointless like I said go and do some research as you seam to be unfamiliar with the 8700K and also the use of SLI in gaming, you’re also rude like im stupid and don’t understand, ive been in IT as a professional for over 20years i’m not a dummy.

HP Recommended

"I just wanted to say that it is a shame to drown the subject with all these answers!"

OK lets not then.

@SHERIFFEMSFIRE  I believe the consensus ended up being to go with a new PSU for the RTX 3070 that its manufacturer recommends.

If you found an answer that is helpful, would you please mark it as Solved to finalize the thread.

If you have another question or are still confused by anything, let us know.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.