Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen obelisk i7 8700
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey I have an Omen obelisk i7 8700. It has the Oem 500w psu of course: I recently upgraded the oem gtx 1060 to an rtx 2060 super. I’m thinking of exchanging it for a 2070 super to gain some better FPS performance on call of duty lol. My question is, will the 500w psu be ok?  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Jobe271 

That really depends on what the MFG of the card you purchase says it needs and how hard you're gonna push it.

I would check the requirements of the card and decide.

If it requires a 550W PSU, you might get away with only 500w depending. But the only way to know is to try it out first.

HP Recommended

Well they have a recommended psu of 650. But it only uses 215 watts. I saw a colleague of yours wrote this. 

E6D95F10-2E8E-4EFB-92A5-D3F591FADABA.png

HP Recommended

What MFG is requiring 650w for an rtx 2060 super?

Most require 500-550w so I cant imagine why 650w would be an advantage. In such case the current 500w PSU should be fine.

BTW it helps if you just post the link to the thread rather than an image so we can see the whole story.

Also please post the full model number or Product number of your Omen when asking for help so we can look up the full specs of your machine.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

If your current 500w isnt sufficient, then you can always upgrade it.

Rather simple I would think?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.