1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

3 long beeps 2 short beeps on boot up

HP Omen 880-020na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

2 issues at the moment.

1. When I boot up the PC I am getting 3 long beeps and 2 short beeps, I have looked up what might be wrong and it looks like it is a hardware failure with the RAM, I have tried reseating it in the different slots but nothing seems to get it to work. When this started yesterday, I was able to get it to work by unplugging the hard drive, turning it off and plugging it back in however now it seems that even this little workaround won't get it to boot up anymore.

2. The warranty has expired however it says that it started in August 2017 and I hadn't even bought the PC then, I bought the PC on 31/12/2017.

Thanks for any help that you can give.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
11,402 11,207 548 576
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ChrisDGibbins

Thank you for joining HP Forums.

It's a pleasure assisting you in finding answers to your technical queries.

It is a hardware issue with the computer, I have sent you a private message, to contact HP Phone support that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

However use this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02222922 for your reference.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

0 Kudos
Nudi Student
Student
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Raj1788

I have the same issue, changing the ram did not succeed. Would you mind let me know the answer to this? And why can this not be published here?

thanks

Nudi

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation