Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN Laptop - 15-ek0005na
Microsoft Windows 11

I have now had to go through a total of 15 calls with HP Support to fix my defective laptop. initially at the beginning of the year it was a shutdown and boot issue which I managed to sort out online with an online technician. I believed that the worst was over and that I could get back to my work without any issues, then in march it completely shuts down and will not turn back on. Dreading that I might have to shill out another 2k on a new laptop even though this one is less than 2 years old I quickly call support to plan for it to get fixed it took 4 calls before we could plan the pickup and I only received the laptop in mid April. 

Now Imagine how hard that is for someone who is living a very financially tight life and is dependant mainly on the digital work he is able to do. But I brushed it off at least now its fixed and I can continue working on it.  

Yesterday my computer fails to boot, error 0xc0000225 and a bunch of others, I am unable to access recovery mode, I am unable to load into any safe environment, the. computer wont accept usb booting of windows, I am essentially completely locked out of my computer (and close to 1.2k worth of work thats on it) I quickly call support and they, after going through every step that I have done state they will need to take in the laptop again! I try to be very calm but this is actually going to affect my ability to pay my rent. So I ask that because there has been multiple issues and I have previously sent off my laptop before I would prefer to be refunded for the laptop and it be sent back as these are software and hardware issues not caused by me and instead the manufacturer or technician who fixed it.

Look I am a reasonable person and actually I highly rated the support I was given for the last two breakdowns but I cant understand why I am not being given a refund when 1. I am under warranty

2. Last time the issue was not fixed and I was given back a defective product

3. it is heavily affecting my ability to work and earn a living (I calculated close to 3,000£ in lost salary and freelance work)

and all I am asking for is a refund, I recommend these products, I have made youtube videos on why I like these products which people have used as a reason for purchasing your products but this is something that I find really ridiculous. I really hope this issue can be resolved however considering my endless struggle I worry it wont.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @max1171 

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd like to help!  

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community. 

NIRVANA_95
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.