Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
GT13-0046na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, just got omen 30L and noticed that sometimes when it is off that the fans (both case and cpu) spin for a second and stop then spin again  around 2 seconds later and this goes on for hours, pc boots and runs fine just worried that its a psu or mobo issue, only 1 week old.

any ideas

dont want to have it sent in if there is a simple fix

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hodgieduke , welcome to the forum.

If you are familiar with computers, I suggest that you check the connections to assure they are correct.  If one of the connectors is not connected properly it can cause the motherboard to fail.  The motherboard would have to be getting power at all times for the fans to run.  If you are not comfortable with working on computers, I suggest that you contact the seller for help.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hodgieduke , welcome to the forum.

If you are familiar with computers, I suggest that you check the connections to assure they are correct.  If one of the connectors is not connected properly it can cause the motherboard to fail.  The motherboard would have to be getting power at all times for the fans to run.  If you are not comfortable with working on computers, I suggest that you contact the seller for help.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer, checked all of the connections and they were fine.

ive now found the issue, after it still happening with no power or even power lead connected i tried all other leads, The problem is i have a hdmi switch to change between xbox one x and pc, when xbox is turned on it is causing the fans to spin, so looks like it is back feeding the 5v through the hdmi lead.

now unplugged till i get new tv monitor

thanks for help and hope this helps other in futre.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the followup on your situation.  I appreciate it!  It will help for the future.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.