Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 690-0013w Gaming Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought this gaming pc a couple of days ago and it was factory reset by the last owner, when I went to see the spec I noticed it says (6GB Usable) when I have a total of 8 GB. I read some articles and they said the other 2 GB could be reserved for the integrated graphics card which I believe isn’t being used. Sorry I don’t know much about computers but i’m tryin to be as detailed as possible. I tried to open BIOS and got to “HP Utility Support” or something like that. I can’t seem to use all 8 GB, any help is very appreciated  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @ChristianA35 

I know where you're going as this has been discussed by others also with that particular series.

The system is hardware allocating 2GB of memory by default.

HP put out a bios update that helped alleviate some of the memory loss that helps about 50%.

You have the

• HP name: Sunflower motherboard
  • SSID: 8433

If you have not done so yet, update your bios with this file...

BIOS Version: F.31 Rev.A     sp96365.exe  (12.5 MB)

That is the best I can offer for the problem. Otherwise you would have to contact HP Support for warranty issues.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Hi I used your advice and it did more bad than good. It didn’t work and now my pin to sign in doesn’t work and I can’t play games that I bought with xbox, it messed with my microsoft account.. 

HP Recommended

I don't see how that's possible as its a bios update and does not install on, or alter your Microsoft Acct or Windows.

If your MS account is changed, you have something else going on. A bios updates does not alter that.

If its a Microsoft User Account (not a local account) that you sign in with, that can be changed from any computer.

Here is the link to change your MS User Acct password...

https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.