Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Obelisk
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06463169

The above link is the system I have that I just bought, and so far it's great but now I'm getting to the point I feel like returning it. By all accounts and everything I've found, I'm supposed to be able to go from the stock 2.9 CPU speed to 4.1, figured 4.0 would be a nice spot to sit it at. What am I missing or not understanding ? Because when I open the CM and click "OMEN OBELISK DESKTOP" there's no sub menus or anything like videos suggest that are supposed to allow me to do this. When I click it, I see a window with GPU, CPU & Mem Utilization with DL ? UL Speed things below that. Then at the top next to system vitals is Lighting (big whoop on that one) & Network Booster.

Before I nerd rage on this thing, anyone able to help me figure out just **bleep** might be going on ?

Ty.

I was planning on getting this but not if I can't figure out what's wrong or I'm just not fully comprehending first about clocking the existing CPU.

Best Supported CPU IMO: Intel Core i7-9700F 3.0 GHz Base frequency, 4.7 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB cache, Octa core

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Turbo boost is intels automatic overclock if temperature is ok it will always turbo boost.  You can overclock it further if you want. You would have to look up safe overclocks for that specific cpu. Make sure its an unlocked processor and finally you have to use omen command center instead of normal bios overlooking.  Unless you really need that tiny bit if performance there really is no point unless you do it for fun and benchmarks. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Nm, based on what BOINC is doing, is seems TB is an automatic thing as CPU Usage is floating 3.8x if referencing Task Manager.

So what exactly is the diff between TB & OC ? Like I know you can clock memory, not that I would really wana fudge with that, but I don't even see a means for doing that.

HP Recommended

Turbo boost is intels automatic overclock if temperature is ok it will always turbo boost.  You can overclock it further if you want. You would have to look up safe overclocks for that specific cpu. Make sure its an unlocked processor and finally you have to use omen command center instead of normal bios overlooking.  Unless you really need that tiny bit if performance there really is no point unless you do it for fun and benchmarks. 

HP Recommended

I'm good w computers, can build one given the right parts. But OC is something I never messed w before let alone intel CPU's... so I got a bit of curiosity killed the cat.

That being said, I guess if TB is automatic based on performance needs, there's no point in OCing in a manner of speaking unless I was trying to perma lock it at the max TB area of 4.x. However, I'm still dumbfounded that based on the few videos I watched. That I don't have the OC area in my Command Center.

I assume unlocked means theoretically pushing past the listed max TB but even I wouldn't attempt a bricked CPU of like trying to hit 5.0 lmao

But to finalize, when I initially checked. I started in BIOS, saw nothing referencing OC, then as I pointed out nothing in the command center either, which the few videos I watched suggested CC should have the OC option somewhere for either CPU or Mem if not both, I don't exactly recall and at this point as I've been up all night and don't care to hunt down the videos I previously watched..

Ty.

HP Recommended

What cpu are you using?

HP Recommended

System stock from when I got it: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400F CPU @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)

Has the 4.1 TB as previously mentioned sans the CPU model.

HP Recommended

Hello
for simplicity
Your computer is not designed for, that is why you have no options.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-by-hp-obelisk-desktop-pc-875-0000a/23302709/model/31536274...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No system is ever really designed for it except for a sm few, and even the un-designed ones can still be tweaked... but ok.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.