Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 880-160se CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Any problem doing so for push/pull? Now that I have the RTX 3080 in triple fan design. CPU gets toasty even with the OEM AIO cooler it came with. So, I was thinking of adding this fan here https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A12x15-PWM-Premium-Quiet/dp/B071W6HJP6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords... to the back of the radiator? It also comes with a 4 pin Y connector.

29 REPLIES 29
HP Recommended

Hi,

You can do a push/pull on the radiator if you can attach the fan to the rad.

Noctua makes good fans but the brown color is awful. Why don't you get the black Noctua (Link) and buy a four pin fan splitter (Link).

I guess the 3080 runs hot when you are gaming. What is the CPU thermal delta since you installed the 3080?

REgards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz wrote:

Hi,

You can do a push/pull on the radiator if you can attach the fan to the rad.

Noctua makes good fans but the brown color is awful. Why don't you get the black Noctua (Link) and buy a four pin fan splitter (Link).

I guess the 3080 runs hot when you are gaming. What is the CPU thermal delta since you installed the 3080?

REgards

I will go with the black one. About the fan connector. I have a top fan connector that is free to use on the mobo would that work? Or do I need to use the cpu fan connector with this type of splitter? https://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Black-Sleeved-Splitter-Converter/dp/B01EF9OI0O/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keyw...

Stock I see temps at 85c and 90c with no overclock on the cpu. If I overclock @4.7GHz core voltage offset -0.125v I will hit 93/96c. The gpu run at 77/78c. I also might clean/repaste the cpu probably time for that. Its almost been 3 years I never done it since buying the PC new.

HP Recommended

Hi,

You could try the motherboard fan header. Is the open MB fan connection a chassis fan header or something else. I thought I saw an open VRM fan header on the MB. Then the fan would spin based on VRM temps.

Then try the splitter. The splitter will run both rad fans based on CPU temps. 

My guess is the 3080 is pumping much hot air into the chassis which is not being expelled quickly enough.

Regards

HP Recommended

@Grzwacz wrote:

Hi,

You could try the motherboard fan header. Is the open MB fan connection a chassis fan header or something else. I thought I saw an open VRM fan header on the MB. Then the fan would spin based on VRM temps.

Then try the splitter. The splitter will run both rad fans based on CPU temps. 

My guess is the 3080 is pumping much hot air into the chassis which is not being expelled quickly enough.

Regards

VRM fan header is taken up already. Attaching mobo picture. The two circled seem to be my only two options for the fan connectors. I most certainly would like and prefer the splitter run both rad fan and by cpu temps. But, I want to make sure I don't over load the cpu fan connector using that dual splitter to controls those. Using this will be okay yes with the cpu fan header? https://www.amazon.com/JBtek-Black-Sleeved-Splitter-Converter/dp/B01EF9OI0O/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keyw...

Also for the rad fan. I would need a 3 pin not a 4 pin correct?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You should be able to run two fans using the splitter connected to a MB fan header.

I have a Corsair H80i V2 that runs the pump and a fan off of the MB CPU fan header.

I have installed CPU air coolers with two fans connected to a splitter which is connected to the MB CPU fan header.

Regards

HP Recommended

I went ahead with the first one in my link here https://www.amazon.com/Noctua-NF-A12x15-PWM-Premium-Quiet/dp/B071W6HJP6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords...

Only because its a kit that has everything and color wise. I don't mind how it looks. I also picked up some Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut.

HP Recommended

Wait did I get the right fan? I got the 4 pin was I suppose to get the 3 pin? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Never worked with your MB.

Check existing fan and MB fan header. It should be a four pin.

Regards

HP Recommended

It’s a 4 pin

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.