Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have the OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0xxx (product number 13Z92AA#ABA). It seems to have two slots for SSDs. The first slot is already filled of course, with an SK hynix Gold P31 512MB PCIe NVMe Gen3 M.2 2280 (internal SSD). The second slot is empty. I'm wondering whether I will be able to install an additional SSD in the second slot, and specifically this one:

SK hynix Gold P31 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen3 M.2 2280 (Internal SSD)

I was considering the 1TB SK hynix, but figured I'd eventually want more space and the 2TB seems the maximum advisable storage for an internal SSD.

Can someone let me know (a) if my computer can handle the 2TB in the second SSD slot, and (b) if I need any special equipment or software to install it (I don't want to move the 512MB, as it's the original drive that came with the computer).
Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

curious, if it' s  this one

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-0141 13Z92AA 

Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 and Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) 2 x 2 technology
  • Interface: M.2
  • Transmission standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • Dual band: 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz

512 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State

Edoras motherboard specifications.

• One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x4)

Edoras motherboard top view

you only have one ssd slot
the one that is logically free should be m2 wifi

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

curious, if it' s  this one

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop PC - 875-0141 13Z92AA 

Integrated Bluetooth 4.2 and Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n/ac featuring Dual-band (2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz) 2 x 2 technology
  • Interface: M.2
  • Transmission standards: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • Dual band: 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz

512 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 Solid State

Edoras motherboard specifications.

• One M.2 socket 1, key A
  • One M.2 socket 3, key M for SSD (PCIe x4)

Edoras motherboard top view

you only have one ssd slot
the one that is logically free should be m2 wifi

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Yes, that is the desktop (875-0141). Thanks for clearing up the situation. I guess rather than adding the 2tb SSD to the 512gb SSD, I would be replacing the 512gb with the 2tb, is that correct?

That opens up new questions about how to go about doing the replacement properly, hopefully it's not too complicated.

HP Recommended

Indeed, if you want a larger m2 SSD, you have to replace the original one.

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.