Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 880-160cte
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Will an Omen 880-160 except a Samsung 970 evo plus 1 TB NVMe SSD?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The  Samsung 970 EVO plus does work with the Samsung Data  Migration tool and the Samsung Magician software.

The compatible versions are available as downloads from the  Samsung Evo plus webpage at the link below.

Samsung 970 EVO plus

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Yes. It will.   It will accept and have support for M.2 PCIe NVMe and  SATA3 versions of the Samsung 970 Evo plus 1 TB NVMe SSD.

You did not mention which interface type the candidate upgrade SSD is.  Now would be a good time to do that. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Adding Samsung 970 evo plus to M.2 socket key m;1   on MoBo  PCle NVMe for the 4 lanes

HP Recommended

OK.

The answer to your query is still yes.

HP Recommended

The reason  i ask is some people have stated 512 GB M.2 PCle NVMe was the the max for the 880-160  ,have already purchased the Samsung 970 EVO plus 1TB NVME M.2 SSD.  Thanks for your assistants. Do you know if  Samsungs Magician Software and Data Migration tool work with this 970 Plus?

HP Recommended

The  Samsung 970 EVO plus does work with the Samsung Data  Migration tool and the Samsung Magician software.

The compatible versions are available as downloads from the  Samsung Evo plus webpage at the link below.

Samsung 970 EVO plus

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.