Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I have a 1060 with the latest drivers and an i5-7400. My pc was working fine and then I downloaded the new update. Can someone help me resolve this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

Directing you to an HP Forum thread having a solution to this issue.

It seems Windows 10 version 1703 does not play well with App Readiness. Your product may or may not have this service running.

Type or ask Cortana to open "msconfig". Open System Configuration. Select the Services tab.

Disable App Readiness if it appears in the Services tab.

Restart your PC.

GRzy

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

Directing you to an HP Forum thread having a solution to this issue.

It seems Windows 10 version 1703 does not play well with App Readiness. Your product may or may not have this service running.

Type or ask Cortana to open "msconfig". Open System Configuration. Select the Services tab.

Disable App Readiness if it appears in the Services tab.

Restart your PC.

GRzy

HP Recommended

Hi MSM500GAMING

HP has issued a patch for this issue.

You can check the list of affected HP devices here.

You can download the patch here.

You may have to enable App Readiness before applying the patch.

I am not sure if the patch enables App Readiness if it has been disabled. I don't have any HP PC's affected by this problem.

The installation instructions at the download link above don't provide guidance on this question.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.