Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Gaming 690-0067c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I used the HP Recovery Manager to try to reset and clean my HDD and SSD because they weren't working well, but whenever I try to boot, it shows a blue screen with a panel named X:\windows\system32\cmd.exe, and then puts itself into a boot loop. I have tried using a Windows 10 installation media as well, but it also boot loops when trying to install. I have no idea what to do anymore, could someone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@iambadathis200,

First, unplug the 1TB data drive, and try to install the WIN 10.

If that fails, would suggest you delete the SSD (boot device) partitions.. Do not format it, let WIN 10 do the format.

You can use WIN 10 Download Tool Now for different computer.  Lead 1TB drive unplugged.

You will get basic drivers. The HP driver download site  to correct issues.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@iambadathis200,

First, unplug the 1TB data drive, and try to install the WIN 10.

If that fails, would suggest you delete the SSD (boot device) partitions.. Do not format it, let WIN 10 do the format.

You can use WIN 10 Download Tool Now for different computer.  Lead 1TB drive unplugged.

You will get basic drivers. The HP driver download site  to correct issues.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for your input! I've disconnected by hard drive and tried installing Windows 10 onto my SSD. Unfortunately, even after going through BIOS and making it boot to USB first/ turning on and off secure boot, the screen flashes the windows logo for half a second, and goes back to its reboot loop with HP Recovery Manager. 

Also, I'm unsure on how to install the drivers, can I get some instructions on that?

Once again, thanks for your input!

HP Recommended

@iambadathis200 

Once you get WIN 10 installed (it has basic drivers), you can go to the link and install any of the drivers.  You download them (default is Download folder) and run it driver.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for telling me how to install drivers! Like I mentioned before, I still can't seem to install Windows using a USB installation media, even with my hard drive disconnected. Can you guide me on how to delete my SSD's partitions? I'm not really sure how to do that. Thanks!

HP Recommended

@iambadathis200,

Specifications on that unit do not show an original SSD.  What exactly do you have installed?  Exact product name so I can look it up.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Samsung 970 EVO Plus, an NVMe M.2 SSD, with 250GB of storage. Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.