Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I was amazed that swapping it all out might have been the better idea... i shouldn't have gotten the 32gb desktop... lmao~~~ could have saved some $$ and get some nice RGBs too. 

XXX Brand 2666mhz cl15 = 11.2528132 nanoseconds (Winner

vs 

HP 3200mhz cl22 = 13.75 nanoseconds

HP Recommended

because XMP is "overclocking" and HP doesn't allow overclocking... but they overclocked the JEDEC above the DDR4 spec... hahahaaa.... what??? 

HP Recommended

Quite mind-boggling, why just not make it easier, now days is so simple and easy to overclock... 

HP Recommended

2 weeks update.

Upon further testing using Intel XTU, the system is completely stable and not overheating or crashing, I measured temperatures with infrared thermometers and thermal probes over the VRMs, no issue whatsoever.

One negative, some times if the computer is off for a longer period of time the memory speed will default to its base clock, so I have to re-enable it via XTU, so probably a better idea is to not uninstall XTU after the XMP profile is enabled. 

BTW, HP still doesn't have a proper BIOS solution to enable and disable XMP profiles. 

HP Recommended

Hey I have order 2X16GB sticks of the same Kingston HyperX Fury RGB RAM that came with mine but I have a Ryzen on a Moria3 MB that's based on the Ryzen 7 AMD motherboard. I am not as good at all this but as I understand XMP works with Intel and AMP for AMD. Know of a similar AMD tool to do the same as you have done to get the memory up to that 3200Mhz?

HP Recommended

Yes it's called Ryzen Master, I have a step by step tutorial on it, just search on YT and you will find it there. 

HP Recommended

Thank you! So just pop the memory in, download Ryzen Master, watch a vid on how to put it up to 3200 and go? Thanks my RAM came in yesterday with the new GPU, put GPU in first and it does much much better but I am still being bottlenecked by my RAM amount

HP Recommended

Yes you will be good, it's simple and easy. 

HP Recommended

Well not simple for me. I was expecting to see an AMP profile setting or something. Wrong. Has the latency which is at 17 despite it being CL16 running at 3200Mhz and can't seem to get it there. I am going back through your step by step and trying to find a decent yt vid of Ryzen Master with someone actually showing how they do RAM instead of the multitude of ways I can OC my 3700X. Not interested in Overclocking just want my RAM to run at the same speed as the stock sticks. Best buy. Com started carrying Kingston's HyperX Fury RGB RAM so I made sure the part number matched Kingston's (HyperX) website and ordered it and it came In correctly. Went ahead and installed but it is definitely running Jdec 2400Mhz which is just irritating. @HP just put the **bleep** XMP/AMP profiles in the BIOS

HP Recommended

Even if you buy the exact same model number ram, its not going to work with OCC, as HP only approved/verified a specific serial numbers which are microcoded in the bios, and that ram is only sold by them. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.