Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Yeah I understand. I believe I've gotten my RAM up to 3000 but upon restart seems stuck. Giving it a moment. Hope I didn't mess it up. It's basically stuck on with all fans at 100% and literally not booting. Geez if I can get this figured out I'm just going to see if 2400 will work well enough and if not throw stock back in there

HP Recommended

Read through the comments in the video, someone was saying you have to uninstall the HP OCC first, then use Ryzen Master then remove it and reinstall the OCC. 

HP Recommended

Well I appreciate it. Now I'm going through the process of taking the battery out of the MB and then shorting the CMOS. I'll definitely not be worried about RAM Speed anymore but definitely thinking about some legal basis for HP and their proprietary upgrades despite marketing the upgradability of the PC. Anyway thanks for everything

HP Recommended

I got it fixed. Am not going to run that software again after I thought I lost my PC. Had to reset CMOS for whatever reason. There is not an option in Ryzen Master like intel's version to just select the XMP/AMP version. I found the issue was I overclocked to 3000 which I thought was fine since it is capable of 3200 all day but what I did not know was to divide that by half.. so it tried to turn the RAM up to 6000Mhz. Anyway resetting CMOS fixed it for me thankfully. The 32GB HyperX sticks are still running at 2400Mhz but this was an improvement in my main game Digital Combat Simulator World (DCS World/Blackshark/Flaming Cliffs it goes by a lot of names over the years) but in Warzone it is faster to have the 16GB @3200Mhz vs 32GB at 2400. Very disappointed that HP even made me go that far as to track this down and attempt it instead of just putting the option in the BIOS but it is what it is. I do seriously believe there are at least two solid legal arguments. Someone on here stated false advertising and another replied no because they are advertising the capability of the RAM. Actually agreed until I went back to my dashboard then went to HP Store... definitely advertising you can upgrade any compatible RAM (does not state that it is proprietary) up to 32GB in my case at 3200Mhz (25600) and clearly states this.

HP Recommended

Yes I covered that in my video on Ryzen Master, for 3200mhz, you suppose to move the slider to 1600, for 3600mhz to 1800 and so on, as its multiplied by 2.

I am glad that you were able to recover, generally taking the battery clears the CMos and defaults.

I still believe that not having an XMP option in the bios is the biggest mistake that HP have made for this generation, they wanted to create something new and exciting, and it was for the most part, but that memory issue has ruined it for me...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.