Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 790-0001nf

I know I'm not supposed to do it for """safety""" and even if it's my 216845684th time posting this kind of topic I still had no answer. Why am I asking this ? Because my computer is overheating. Please answer to the question.

Best regards,

Tab.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Taboule,

You have been told many times that you could add a faster RPM fan to keep it cooler.  If I had your issues, I would fix the problem by adding fans. You did refuse to spend a few $$ based only on the fact that you spend $$$$ on the computer.  You unit only has 1 exhaust fan.  My system has 8x120mm fans and 2 additional side fans.  CPU is 43C, Samsung 850 EVO is 30C, GTX 1080 Zotac Extreme is 30C.  Fan sensors indicate a maximum of 1500 RPM at this moment in time.

No one has insulted you, or attempted to belittle you.  But, I do have to ask now.  What is the temperature in your computer room ?  Min is 23C.  That does have a bearing on computer thermal.

If any of these thin fans would fit inside, mounted on the side panel, I would make the cut-out.

100mmx100mmx15mm quiet

120x120x12mm quiet

80mmx80mmx15mm quiet

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hey, my computer's room is 25°C right now and have my cpu still peaking at 98°C .

"You have been told many times that you could add a faster RPM fan to keep it cooler.  If I had your issues, I would fix the problem by adding fans." The point is that I want to add a faster RPM without buying a fan, that's why I keep asking it. I know that it's possible to do it on a computer and all I'm asking is how I can change it. If I can't, just tell me, otherwise, tell me how to change my fans speed.

HP Recommended

@Taboule, here is an article that you should read:

https://www.thetechlounge.com/blog/how-to-control-fan-speed/#:~:text=Follow%20these%20steps%20to%20g...

It will tell you the two types of fans and which fan header (3-pin or 4-pin (PWM) is used to connect them to the motherboard.  The PWM fans can be controlled more easily,  I believe that your fans are most likely the 3-pin type.    There are several apps that can be used to control the fan speed.  SpeedFan mentioned in the article is a bit complicated and has a learning curve, but it does work.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.