Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Omen 25L Gaming Bundle
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This thing is way over priced for the specs. Retailer sold me this for $2200!!  And lied about it specs and features. And wouldn't let me open box to confirm config. Yea yea I know "why would you buy it". Well I'm in school and my desktop failed on me and I can't get loan for the wish list in newegg cart and missed class twice to old, recycle  bin fraken-parted ca 2002 equipment.. But the appliances and electronics store cleared me for $6k loan!!? With no income and full time engineer student. So that's why I bought over priced under spec'd branded models. So this thing is only "ONE up" the sales guy didn't know what he taking bout pushed on me.. Every confirm retaliation comment to knowledge check got interrupted by manager... From the obilisk model I wanted and their stock said they had! It only had i7 10th gen instead of 9th.. everything else is DOWNGRADE from that model.. air cooled instead of liquid, 2060 instead of 2060 super.. claim to fame on user config swappable...BS! One pci slot.. no M.2 expansion for my optane take hold of my four 4TB HDD RAID..matter of fact only TWO SATA PORTS!!!.. I can go on... HP you need to catch your retailers doing this!! And you need to step up your game asking this price for this old gen hardware your pushing as "new". I partially blame you because they specifically said "this is the new model they sent and said it was the new one"...I asked all this because googling the model numbers is wonky, and I let my DELL certs lapse so I can access "IT portal" or "express tags" properly for an admin to see the "proper" data sheet... I can go on why you SHOULD NOT BUY BRANDED ITEMS and build your own! Now I'm $2200 in the hole on a IMO a POS for the money. I've NEVER bought this stuff for this theory and now its de facto they over priced garbage. I might actually not pay my monthly bill on the his one and just not GAF on what they think for this ripoff.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@theMikMik

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

This situation will need some additional support from our internal teams in HP. For that to happen, we will give you additional instructions/information via Private Message.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Have you considered returning it to the retailer? That's an option. 

HP Recommended

Sure except they on one and "opened" is charge me to return it. I even asked specific to opening and looking at because I wanted physically see the config, said "sure if you wanna buy it after you open it" or "man, it's boxes in boxes and make it hard and messy on the sale floor".. Might sabatoge it and then say it don't work. Then they can claim the HP retail warranty or something. But no, they being jerks because it powers on.. So might open the under "umphed" 500W PSU, pull some caps off or replace with under spec'd CAPs so we can get the nice pop sound and then no power.. Wow HP the trouble I have to go to. I'm still looking to what you call "upgradability" or what not.. Is it RAM sticks? Because if so that's lame, I hang up the phone when customers seriously call and ask to put more "of that RAM in my puter, the tv say it make it fasssseer.." I can't even add all spare 2TB and 1TB HDD with all our media. And the stress tests and random read/writes on that western digital blue is horrid, 1047/1500MBps...Should have been putting a BPX Pro in for this price. My laptop gets close to 4500/3500MB/s on one. O and the RAM is NOT XMP, well it is, bit the board is not doing it and no setting to turn XMP nor is the stick doing it..So 1600Mhz is actually what you get on a 2666Mhz. Like you guys are selling suped up base hondas for my outrageous Audi prices I paid.

HP Recommended

Trust me, when it comes to the memory situation I am 100% with you, but again that's the decision HP made at time and hopefully they can fix it in the future. Personally I returned my first unit and re-ordered a second one, that how much I like this computer despite all the shortcoming, I still believe that is the best looking pre-build among all the competitors.

But if you are unhappy with it, even if the retailer charges you a restocking fees, I would return it and move on.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.