Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 870-097na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi HP Forums, first time here!

Been enjoying my OMEN desktop so far, having great fun with it.

Anyway straight to the issue, these are the problems:

1) I've been having some highly annoying artifacting on my monitor, specifically during watching videos or gaming, for a desktop just over a week old this is quite worrying. These artifacts are in the shape of verticle green/black lines, appearing and dissapearing within less than a half-second.

2) More worryingly I have been having complete crashes to a green screen while playing demanding games (Mostly "The Divsion" by Ubisoft), and even straight after putting my PC to sleep after gaming and booting the PC back up. No more details than the audio, that still runs fine, everything else is completely unresponsive. No error messages.

3) Least worrying and more of a request, I've noticed from screenshots that some OMEN PCs have advanced settings (Eg. Fan speed control) in the"OMEN Control" panel. I, however only have the ability to change my lights' colours on my PC, any updates I need to take or places I can download this feature from?

TY in advance. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi@NeonOverlon,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in solving the multiple issues on the PC. Is that, correct? I will be glad to help you.

To help you with all the 3 queries you have, I recommend you to try the Windows update as well as HP Support assistant and check if you can perform any Video card driver updates along with HP BIOS update and check if the issue gets solved.

Also, if you have an alternate display, I strongly recommend you to connect it to the PC and check if the second display also has similar issues.

I was able to find the update for the video card and BIOS. Please use the links below and check if that solves the issue.

BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77850.exe

Video Card: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77726.exe

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@NeonOverlon,

Thanks for stopping by HP Support Forums.

I came across your post and would like to help.

Need assistance in solving the multiple issues on the PC. Is that, correct? I will be glad to help you.

To help you with all the 3 queries you have, I recommend you to try the Windows update as well as HP Support assistant and check if you can perform any Video card driver updates along with HP BIOS update and check if the issue gets solved.

Also, if you have an alternate display, I strongly recommend you to connect it to the PC and check if the second display also has similar issues.

I was able to find the update for the video card and BIOS. Please use the links below and check if that solves the issue.

BIOS: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77850.exe

Video Card: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77501-78000/sp77726.exe

Hope the solution answers your query. Feel free to reply back for more.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Note: HP Doesn't recommend any upgrade/downgrade of any hardware/software parts or software that is bundled with the product. It may affect the manufacturer's warranty.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.