Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN TOWER 875-0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Bios Update for HP OMEN 875-0XX sp100895 File Name 084FDF25.EXE. Danger Beware!! I have 2 of the HP OMEN Computers. One is a model 875-014 and the other is an 875-024. My computers had F.23 Bios that was working fine. HP put out an important update, F.25. I installed it on both computers. With in a few minutes I knew I should not have done the update. Both machines would lock up. One computer would do a crash dump and restart. The other computer had to be turned off by a long power button press. I got the Bios rolled back to F.23 on one computer and it started working normally. I was not as lucky with the other computer. I tried several methods to roll back the Bios but could not do it. I went to the HP Support and Driver page for the F.25 Bios update. The last line informed me users would not be able to roll back to an earlier Bios for security reasons. Thanks, HP, for putting out a bad Bios Update and locking it so a user could not correct HP’s mistake. One of my HP OMEN computers is now unusable until there is a working Bios Update. Am I the only one tired of computer and software companies pushing out updates that damage you data and or hardware?  Only thing to correct my $1200 Gaming Computer is a new Bios update or some program that will allow me to roll back to F.23.  How about it HP can you help get my computer running right.  I have spent hours trying to trick the Omen in to loading the old Bios like I did for the 875-024, but is not working.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Have your heard anything else about this issue?   I am showing this as a bios update but do not want to apply if it causes problems.

HP Recommended

@Tony2Wolves Welcome to HP Community!

I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More/How-To-Send-A-Private-Messa...

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

HP Recommended

I tried several methods of rolling the bios back but all failed on one of the two OMEN 875-00XX units.  I suspected some of the software didn't work with new bios.  My systems create a HD Backup every 48 hours so I did a windows refresh that reinstalled windows. I have had the OMEN playing You Tube videos for over 24 hours without a failure.  I am not a gamer, I use my OMENs for video processing.  All I can tell you is that my computer was not bricked, but I have to do a complete reinstall of all of my software.  Hope you find this info helpful.

As a side note HP upper level management called me back the next day to see if I had resolved the issue and told me they would help me to resolve the problem.  I have renewed faith in HP after our phone conversation.

HP Recommended

I am on the way to resolving the issue.  I will post my findings once the machine is fully functional.  I am hoping all of my software will work with the new bios after a complete reinstall.  HP has reached out to me by phone.  My faith in HP has been renewed by HP upper management. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.