Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 880-112na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hey guys,

FIrstly thank you for taking the time to help me, this issue has been ongoing for over 2 years now and only recently have found a way to prove something isn't right, be it with this desktop, HP BIOS/registry or Windows 10 OS.

I've been struggling with irregular mouse movement since day 1, the only other PC I owned way the first one I built 10 years ago & from the get go was able to develop muscle memory.

Now to the point, the mouse on this OS and rig hasn't felt "right" since day 1 in terms of developing muscle memory, obviously after searching for fixes to no avail (MarkC) etc. and being told "it's in my head" by various forums I started to believe that myself.

But now that brings us to today, I am able to prove there is some form of irregularity with mouse movement by using a tool as simple as MS paint, and tbh that's not even necessary.

Before anything, I have updated everything, I have sent PC in for a check-up & repairs, all drivers are up to date, MOUSE ACCEL IS TURNED OFF FOR THE LOVE OF GOD and all monitor settings (240hz 1ms) including in Nvidia control panel have been tried and tested. Basically when it comes to settings, I tried every combinitation, of everything.

So, I noticed while making circles with the cursor on-screen, the mouse would slowly move further and further down and right off the mouse pad until the mouse would eventually fall off, while the cursor remained in the same position on the screen (centered).

So I reversed it.

I watched my hand instead of the screen and where the mouse stayed physically centered, the cursor ended up in the top left of the screen.

I can reproduce these results 10/10. 

I have tried 8 other mice, wired and wireless, different makes and models from razer to logitech, with and without corresponding gaming software to rule out interference.

It's possible it's a conflict of drivers, maybe, but the issue sill persists in safe-mode so I'm not sure.

Could this be something only a few people can notice, as I've always had hyper-sensitivity in terms of miniscule changes to dpi and frames etc.

Funny thing though, I went to PC world to test their other rigs and this issue was present on every machine..

Is this an OS issue? Bloatware issue?

Whatever it is, I've had enough of feeling like my aim is trash, and after 2 years have finally confirmed (i still might be..) but not as bad as this current situation is escalating..

Please can someone advise me what to do now (more advanced preferably) or failing that, at least test this on their own rig and see if the issue is present there.

Thank you guys & girls.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Sqwash

I understand your concerns and appreciate your patience in dealing with this issue. You mentioned that this issue persists with other computers of same models, right?

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.