Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875-0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

My desktop beeps every time I turn on the computer. It is like 3 long beeps followed by 3 short beeps and repeats 4 times. Meanwhile, it has red lights above the Battery area. I just bought several days ago, what should I do to fix it? 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @Ejune

3 short and 3 long indicate a possible graphics card issue.

If you are able to, re-seat the video card. 

IF that does not work, contact HP Support for a warranty issue.

Contact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC was introduced for sale last month.

A BIOS error beep cadence of 3:3 is not good.

It indicates a possible integrated or discreet graphics chip failure. 

You can review the full details at this HP Support site (Link).

You have two options:

Contact HP Support (Link) for assistance.

Or return to the seller for a refund/exchange.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello i just bought the same pc you are having the problems with . Now i could be wrong but i heard that this problem might occur  if your monitor  is not powered on before you power on the pc. My advice would be to  turn on your monitor and make sure that its fully on before  powering on you pc . I just had bought this computer from best buy and a lot  of people  seem to be having this problem . Hope that helps

HP Recommended

I bought this PC from best buy. I noticed the exact same issue - 3 long beeps then 3 short beeps while the screen is blank. However, this issue only occurs intermittently so it may be the issue with the monitor being off. I will try that. The other thought was whether it was an issue with the computer not detecting DisplayPort (since my monitor is connected via DisplayPort not HDMI).

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.