Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop PC TG01-2000i and it seems to keep losing connection to my internet randomly through the day. I have tried to look at the drivers to make sure they are up to date which they are. I'm struggling to figure out what is causing this problem just looking for some answers?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Tyler5150

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

Have you done any changes to your internet provider or any changes to the software?

Meanwhile, follow the steps mentioned below. 

Check the wireless signal

Check the wireless button or key to confirm the wireless signal is on.

Locate the wireless key or button. This could be an image of an airplane or a wireless signal .

Press the button once, wait 10 seconds, and then observe any changes to the wireless connection icon in the notification area and to the LED light on the wireless button or key.

If the button or key does not have a light, hover your mouse over the wireless connection icon in the notification area of the taskbar to see the current connection status.

If the wireless signal turns on: Connect to the internet again.

If the wireless signal is turned off: Press the button or key again, and then try to connect to the internet again.

Update hardware drivers

Use Device Manager to update hardware drivers such as the graphics, audio, wireless, or other drivers for your computer.

In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.

In the list of devices, select Mice and other pointing devices.

Right-click the wireless adapter, select Update driver, and then follow the instructions to install the updated driver.

Selecting Update driver in Device Manager

Restart the computer to complete installation of the updates.

Use wireless troubleshooting tools

Use automatic tools to test and fix a variety of wireless conditions. If one tool does not resolve the issue, use another one.

Run HPSA network diagnostics

Use Network Check in HP Support Assistant to perform network diagnostics for your computer.

In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon in the taskbar.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.

Select your computer, and then select HP Network Check under Troubleshooting and Fixes.

If a window displays prompting you for an administrator password or confirmation, type the requested credentials.

Selecting Network Check

Click Next, and then wait for the tool to complete.

If the diagnostic test finds one or more issues, continue with these steps.

Under Possible Root Causes, click the listed possible cause, select a recommended action, and then follow the instructions.

Selecting a recommended action

After completing the recommended actions, click Re-check.

Repeat these steps until the network connectivity issue is resolved or all possible root causes and repairs have completed.

Run Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter

Use the Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter to test and repair the network connection.

In Windows, right-click the network connection icon , and then select Troubleshoot problems.

Wait while the Windows Network Diagnostic analyzes the network connection.

If prompted, select the type of network problem, and then follow the instructions to resolve the issue.

Review any information that displays about problems found, what was fixed, or actions you can take to resolve the problems.

Complete any suggested actions.

Click here for the remaining troubleshooting steps. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Tyler5150,

Hope I was able to fix the issue. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers and did reply to you!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi @Tyler5150,

As we did not hear from you, I'll be closing this case for now. If you need further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.