Collinsv
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Bios Update to Support 7700k

750-170se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i Have a 6700k hp desktop,i recently got the 7700k,but it wont work,i cant seem to find the right 750-170se bios for the board so it can read the 7700k,thanks,i am very desperate now,i dont want to change the board,

Currently running

i7 6700k 

bios-AMI,A0.08,,11/12/2015

its a z170 hp 2b4b board

i need the bios update that makes it support 7700k 

3 REPLIES 3
Level 12
Level 12
5,773 5,761 545 1,203
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Collinsv

Checked your PC's HP Support site.

There is only one BIOS update for your specific motherboard (family SSID 2B4B).

The details can be reviewed at this link.

I don't see any reference to adding support for the i7 7700k in the fixes or the details.

HP does not show native i7 7700 CPU support at the motherboard spec site.

The performance gain going from a 6700k to a 7700k is marginal. I am running a 6700k because I like to run Windows 7 and get updates.

You may never see a BIOS update from HP that will enable upgrading to a 7700k.

This forum has no direct link or contact with HP engineers who would be responsible for adding i7 7700 support to your motherboard.

Grzy

0 Kudos
Collinsv
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

thats very bad of them,i wil have to change the bnoard trhen,because i know they will do that so you will have top buy a full desktop because of upgrading,thats very bad of them,also checked the performance difference betweeen my 6700k and 7700k and there just 1 to 0 percvent differrence in gaming,buit this is an eye opener for me ,dont seee my self getting anyhp product agaion,sice theyu domnt support expansions and upgrdades.tried running an r9i 390 oin it ,d system wont post,and the fans wont roll,now i see it must be hp that installed sum kinda bios to prevent upgrades that take out native components:robotmad:

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
5,773 5,761 545 1,203
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Collinsv

HP has a business model. They make thousands of products.

Any major OEM PC manufacturer (Dell, HP, Lenovo) can only support BIOS code updates for so long. Your motherboard chipset will support 7700k processors but HP has to enable this with a BIOS update.

You can't blame them.

The only way to have total control, even then you are at the mercy of various motherboard manufacturer's, is to build your own PC.

But then, you are tech support. You must support all of the hardware you purchase and install in your custom built PC. You are responsible if you break something when working with a component.

I have HP PC's and build my own. Each provides a different consumer experience. 

Greater control comes with with greater responsibility.

Grzy

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation