Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 875-1040st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an Omen Obelisk 875-1040st. When I download the driver from the HP website and double-click install, it gives me the "The BIOS you are installing is older than the current version in the system and cannot be executed".  I know this is false because, in the past, I have been able to update via Device Manager. Also, the newest BIOS System Firmware Version: F.07 Rev.A Hides the Born On Date option in the F1 System Information and the F10 Setup Main Page for the Win10 19H2 Soft-roll requirement. Yet, I am still able to see the born on date in my bios. 

How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @lotus452!

The only BIOS update that is applicable to your motherboard on that page is the one for SSID: 8509.  The others would brick your computer if they would install.  HP uses their motherboards in many different models and provide the updates in one page.

I never install a BIOS update unless I am having a problem that it will correct.  Updating the BIOS can cause a lot of problems if they go wrong.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@lotus452 , welcome to the forum.

Here is the latest BIOS update that is provided by HP for your motherboard (SSID: 8509).  You can see it here in the section titled "BIOS".

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Yes, I am  aware of that update and all the other updates on that page. The issue I am having is that when I try to install any of those BIOS updates (but more importantly, the most recent ones), the bios error I mentioned comes up. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @lotus452!

The only BIOS update that is applicable to your motherboard on that page is the one for SSID: 8509.  The others would brick your computer if they would install.  HP uses their motherboards in many different models and provide the updates in one page.

I never install a BIOS update unless I am having a problem that it will correct.  Updating the BIOS can cause a lot of problems if they go wrong.

HP Recommended

Thank you for clearing that up. I do see that the F.11 Rev A you mentioned earlier is the one that applies to my motherboard ID 8509. However after opening up HP system information, I see that my bios has been updated to F.21 (11/25/2019) probably through device manager even though this is not available on the hp page.

As nothing is broken as of now, I will leave it alone. Thank you for your help.

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @lotus452!  I am always glad to help.

If your computer is setup to install crucial updates automatically that is probably how the BIOS/UEFI was updated.  This is why it was telling you that the update was older than the one installed.

Yes, it is a great idea not to try to fix it if it ain't broken!! 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.