Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L Desktop GT11-1000a (ID 1Z1B6AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi HP community.

I recently decided to try and update my BIOS, because I've experienced random stutters on my desktop.  The stutters weren't a big issue, but I decided to try and fix them anyways, because what could go wrong?

Well, now whenever I boot my dekstop, the desktop itself starts (lights and fans turn on) and that's it. My screen, keyboard, mouse, audio interface, none of it turns on. This happened after I tried updating my BIOS using HP's own software.

Around half a year ago I did a complete wipe of my PC, and performed a clean install of Windows 11.

What I did leading up to the issue:

1. Install the software that checks what model my desktop is from HP's own website.

2. Download the recommended BIOS update from HP's own website (November 22. 2022)

3. Follow the instructions in the update executable.

4. PC tries to restart, but it doesn't work anymore.

What I have tried so far:

1. Open my desktop and remove the battery on the motherboard for 5 minutes, then placing it back.

2. Remove all USB devices and displays, then restarting.

3. Turning my PC on, and letting it run for an hour straight.

None of these things has worked for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Purple_ 

Sorry to see this.

A BIOS flash would have saved money. 

Keep the original MB. It will work if your have a tech program the BIOS.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi @Purple_ 

Sadly the HP BIOS update has corrupted your PC's BIOS.

You have three options:

Contact HP Support 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact/help/desktop 

Find a local PC tech who can reprogram the BIOS. Please refer to this link (Adamant IT) which demonstrates this procedure:

Purchase a Serial ISP programmer used in the You tube video.

The opinions or troubleshooting suggestions in this response are my own. I am not: employed by or associated with HP, Inc.

HP Recommended

That was what I expected. I appreciate your answer.

To anyone finding this in the future, I didn't try to fix it or send it to a repair shop, I ended up replacing the entire motherboard.

HP Recommended

Hi @Purple_ 

Sorry to see this.

A BIOS flash would have saved money. 

Keep the original MB. It will work if your have a tech program the BIOS.

HP Recommended

I just got the same problem like 30mins ago after updating my bios. Warranty ran out like 1 month ago. Hahaha 1500 euros for this, knew i shouldnt touch HP's products.

Theres multiple reports around internet for this same problem.

Soo what HP is going to do about this?

HP Recommended

I was planning to upgrade my PC soon anyways. Still annoying that it had to happen like this. As for what HP is going to do, I am not really sure. I hope they'll fix it so it wont happen to future customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.